building a web site with html

kchayka

Andy said:
I don't want to give the users whatever i want - I want my Flash code
to discover whatever the users have already chosen.

Now this would make Flash actually usable! Get rid of all those stoopid
absolute font sizes - set body text to 100%. :)
Is there such a property ? I've not yet seen it, or anything like it,
in use.

I went browsing through the Flash developer info at the Macromedia site
looking for anything even vaguely resembling this. By all indications,
Flash is incapable of doing this. It is, after all, primarily a graphics
application, and those things naturally deal in absolutes.

Seems the best the author can do is allow it to scale to the browser
window size, so a larger window means a larger text size. This is
non-intuitive to the user, though, who may not be able to enlarge the
window enough to get the benefit anyway. There are apparently
performance issues with this, too. And in the few cases I've seen of
this in action, larger text can also mean fuzzier (from zoomed
anti-aliased text), so readability may still be impaired.

The user in on the losing end no matter what. :(