Building affiliate tracking program?

brett

Are there any ASP.NET (2.0) (AJAX) tools that allow you to track the
number of cliks a particular link is getting? I'd like to sell ad
space and trade links with other people but want a way to show the
clicks links get.

Searching for something like this always brings up something similar to
Google Ads, where you can't put just anything in the ad. They select
for you or you get a list to choose from. I want to allow adding of
specific content. So, if ABC says, "hey can I advertise on your blog",
I can say yes and allow them to track the clicks. I'd rather find
something already build (for free) than build one.

Thanks,
Brett

Guest

I think it can be easily developed. Suppose that you want to track the
clicks only, make a new Click.aspx where you can log all calls in a text
file (or database) and use this Click.aspx in your ads, e.g.

brett

I think it can be easily developed. Suppose that you want to track the
clicks only, make a new Click.aspx where you can log all calls in a text
file (or database) and use this Click.aspx in your ads, e.g.

I've looked at the adRotator and think it can be helpful as well.

Guest

brett said:
I've looked at the adRotator and think it can be helpful as well.

AdRotator control handles displaying graphic ads. You would need to extend
it to work with text links