Building an Asp.Net application in VS2005 fails to find errors

Guest

I created an asp.net site in VS2005. At first everying was fine, but now
when I recompile my site using any of the following:

-> CTL-SHIFT-B
-> (Menu) Build-Build Web Site
-> (Menu) Build-Rebuild Web Site
-> Right click on the solution and choose Build Web Site

it's completely ignoring various syntax errors and reference errors. I know
because I put a few in on purpose and it ignores them.

Any ideas on why it's missing these errors? And what I can do to ensure that
the entire application goes through the validation & build process?

And yes, I've done iisreset, closed VS, cleaned out temp files, reopened the
solution in VS, and tried again with no change in behavior. I've even
rebooted the machine and yet the behavior persists.

This is a pretty big blocking issue for me - any assistance would be
apprecaiated.