Building ASP.NET application from a command line

Vagif Abilov

I am experiencing problems with building ASP.NET application from a command
line. The problem is caused by the fact the Web application is hosted in
different virtual directories on different developers' machines. I have no
problem to set it up and build using Visual Studio IDE (then it seems that
it is correctly using .webinfo file), but when I start the build from a
command line, Visual Studio always use Web application URL from the solution
file (SLN). Then it fails with the following error:

The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/MyProject'. 'A connection with the server could not be
established'.

So what I basically need it ability to dynamically bind the virtual
directory to a build directory and having the builder (devenv.exe) pick it
up
properly. Can you please tell me this is possible?

Thanks in advance

Vagif Abilov
Oslo Norway