building DB_File with BerkleyDB in 64 bit mode on Solaris 5.8

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Mike, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I am having a little trouble getting DB_File 1.808 to work with
    BerkleyDB4.2.52 and perl 5.8.0 when building in 64 bit mode on
    Solaris 5.8.

    When running the make test it fails with the message
    "Tie failed: Not enough space".

    It is not at all clear to me if this will resolve to a perl, BerkleyDB
    or DB_File problem.

    I have built tcl as a 64 bit shell so that i can run the BerkleyDB
    tests to validate the 64 bit BerkleyDB build. The basic tests work
    but I suspect that there is a syntax error in the test routines as all
    the handle checking seems to fail.

    I have both gcc and cc available on my system. DB_File does not seem
    to compile with cc ( has trouble with perl include files) but compiles
    silently with gcc.

    Mike, Apr 8, 2004