    Rajinder Yadav

    http://devmentor.org
    Do Good! ~ Share Freely

    Rajinder Yadav, Oct 6, 2009

  2. On 6 Okt., 21:27, Rajinder Yadav <> wrote:
    > Do I need to consider anything if I were to build the latest 1.9 Ruby
    > stable from source. =A0I currently have Ruby 1.8 installed using the
    > package manager on my Kubuntu.

    Its very easy and fast (at least for 1.8.x i did it for some of our
    older build machines). Just configure, compile and install [1]. Maybe
    setup the PATH of your machine if you installed 1.9 into a separate
    directory. Than you can easily delete if if 1.9 is available over the
    package management.

    Stefan

    [1] http://www.rubyinside.com/how-to-start-playing-with-ruby-19-right-now-6=
    61.html
    (should be the same on Kubuntu)

    Stefan Peters, Oct 6, 2009

  3. Stefan Peters wrote:

    > On 6 Okt., 21:27, Rajinder Yadav <> wrote:
    >> Do I need to consider anything if I were to build the latest 1.9 Ruby
    >> stable from source. I currently have Ruby 1.8 installed using the
    >> package manager on my Kubuntu.

    > Its very easy and fast (at least for 1.8.x i did it for some of our
    > older build machines). Just configure, compile and install [1]. Maybe
    > setup the PATH of your machine if you installed 1.9 into a separate
    > directory. Than you can easily delete if if 1.9 is available over the
    > package management.

    I think I will start to play around with 1.9. I did a test install of Ruby
    1.9+Gems from source on CentOS 5.3 running in VMWare. It was really easy and
    fast to install.

    > Stefan
    >
    > [1] http://www.rubyinside.com/how-to-start-playing-with-ruby-19-right-now-661.html
    > (should be the same on Kubuntu)