Building latest Ruby on HPUX?

nesius

Hi all,

I'm trying to build Ruby 1.8.1 on HPUX 11.00 and am running into a
problem with libutil not existing. It seems the libutil
ruby wants comes from glibc and has some functionality
pretaining to pty's. Has anyone found a successful workaround
to this problem? I found one set of patches via google
but at a glance I'm not sure if those will work or not,
so I figured I'd ask the list.

I ran into a problem with libsocket as well but it looks like
-lnsl will resolve that.

Thanks much for any hints/help you can provide.

-Rob