Building MPFR on HP UX 11.23

krisc

I could not find answers to problems with MPFR build on HP UX 11.23 so
I am trying here.
For several days trying to build MPFR (see mpfr.org). Getting the
following error:
/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s:476: Error: Invalid Add Condition: dc
(actually 3 errors of this same type).
Can any one direct me to or have answer to this problem please.
I am trying to build GNU fortran, it requires GMP & MPFR.
Thanks .... Kris

Chris Torek

I could not find answers to problems with MPFR build on HP UX 11.23 so
I am trying here.

I think you need information from someone familiar with that
particular HP-UX system:
For several days trying to build MPFR (see mpfr.org). Getting the
following error:
/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s:476: Error: Invalid Add Condition: dc

The file names and error message here suggest that the compiler is
producing invalid code (that the assembler is then unable to
translate to machine-code). This usually means the compiler is
broken, although in some cases it simply means that the compiler
is newer than the assembler. (But in such cases, be aware that
the final machine code may not run on older hardware variants.)
Can any one direct me to or have answer to this problem please.

Your best bet is probably some newsgroup in the comp.sys.hp.*
hierarchy.

user923005

I could not find answers to problems with MPFR build on HP UX 11.23 so
I am trying here.
For several days trying to build MPFR (see mpfr.org). Getting the
following error:
/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s:476: Error: Invalid Add Condition: dc
(actually 3 errors of this same type).
Can any one direct me to or have answer to this problem please.
I am trying to build GNU fortran, it requires GMP & MPFR.

Usually, it is as simple as ./configure followed by make

Maybe can help

Looks like someone else had a similar problem:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2005-12/msg00081.html

Maybe this search can help also:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-27,GGLG:en&q=hpux+mpfr