    Can any one direct me to or have answer to this problem please.
    I am trying to build GNU fortran, it requires GMP & MPFR.
    Thanks .... Kris
    krisc, Aug 21, 2007

  2. krisc

    Chris Torek Guest

    In article <>
    krisc <> wrote:
    >I could not find answers to problems with MPFR build on HP UX 11.23 so
    >I am trying here.

    I think you need information from someone familiar with that
    particular HP-UX system:

    >For several days trying to build MPFR (see mpfr.org). Getting the
    >following error:
    >/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s: Assembler messages:
    >/var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s:476: Error: Invalid Add Condition: dc

    The file names and error message here suggest that the compiler is
    producing invalid code (that the assembler is then unable to
    translate to machine-code). This usually means the compiler is
    broken, although in some cases it simply means that the compiler
    is newer than the assembler. (But in such cases, be aware that
    the final machine code may not run on older hardware variants.)

    >Can any one direct me to or have answer to this problem please.

    Your best bet is probably some newsgroup in the comp.sys.hp.*
    hierarchy.
    Chris Torek, Aug 21, 2007

  3. krisc

    user923005 Guest

    On Aug 21, 9:45 am, krisc <> wrote:
    > I could not find answers to problems with MPFR build on HP UX 11.23 so
    > I am trying here.
    > For several days trying to build MPFR (see mpfr.org). Getting the
    > following error:
    > /var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s: Assembler messages:
    > /var/tmp//ccBtJjjr.s:476: Error: Invalid Add Condition: dc
    > (actually 3 errors of this same type).
    > Can any one direct me to or have answer to this problem please.
    > I am trying to build GNU fortran, it requires GMP & MPFR.

    Usually, it is as simple as ./configure followed by make

    Maybe news:comp.sys.hp can help

    Looks like someone else had a similar problem:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2005-12/msg00081.html

    Maybe this search can help also:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-27,GGLG:en&q=hpux mpfr
    user923005, Aug 21, 2007