    If anyone has experience on this subject, or could point me to some
    articles, suggesting alternative approaches to developing multilingual
    portals using XML and/or SQL Server, that would be great. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhcmxpZXdlc3Q=?=, Oct 21, 2005

  2. When you say multilingual, what do you mean ?

    A culture sensitive application handles much more than simple language
    matter (currency, number delimiters to name few).

    If your main consideration is handling multilingual text it would be
    fine to stay with SQL Server and use resource files for the
    localization of your user interface.
    Tasos Vogiatzoglou, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Thanks Tasos. By "multiligual" i mean an ASP.NET site that uses "dynamically
    generated templates" to display content in different languagaes, hence,
    giving the appearence that there are multiple portals in different languages.

    I am little lost as to when a good time would be to use XML rather than SQL
    Server. Can you provide an example?

    Thanks,

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhcmxpZXdlc3Q=?=, Oct 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhcmxpZXdlc3Q=?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Charlie:
    Check out:
    http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=3
    and
    http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=4

    There's actually a 3rd part in the works that should be out in a week or so
    :) If it sounds good, check them out in CodeProject (link provided atop
    each article), since a lot of good ideas/questions have been asked by
    interested developers).

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials