    If anyone has experience on this subject, or could point me to some
    articles, suggesting alternative approaches to developing multilingual
    portals using XML and/or SQL Server, that would be great. Thanks.

    charliewest, Oct 21, 2005

  2. charliewest wrote:
    > Building Multilingual Portal
    >
    > I have been assigned a new project to build a multilingual portal
    > using ASP and/or ASP.NET and the expected Microsoft technologies
    > including ADO and SQL Server 2000.

    You should not use both technologies. If you're going to use .Net, then use
    it.

    This group is for classic asp questions. The dotnet gurus hang out at
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet so you should post your question
    there if you want more pertinent responses.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 21, 2005

  3. charliewest

    charliewest Guest

    Thanks Bob -

    My question really doesn't regarding ASP vs ASP.NET, but instead building
    multilingual websites, and if it's better to use XML files and/or stick with
    SQL SERVER. I haven't seen a general newsgroup on website development, so
    i've tried this one. I'm sure there are some poeple who've used ASP to do
    this task...

    charliewest, Oct 21, 2005