Building my first program. Link errors

John

I'm trying to build my first program using Visual C++ V6 and I have a
build error. It's got to be something to do with main() but I can't see
what. Can someone give me a clue as to which library I need to satisfy this.

Linking...
LIBCMT.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_WinMain@16
Debug/myprog.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Victor Bazarov

John said:
I'm trying to build my first program using Visual C++ V6 and I have a
build error. It's got to be something to do with main() but I can't see
what. Can someone give me a clue as to which library I need to satisfy
this.

Linking...
LIBCMT.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_WinMain@16
Debug/myprog.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

<offtopic>
Make sure that your project's target is a "Console Application" and not
a "Windows Application".
</offtopic>

Ask in 'microsoft.public.vc.*' newsgroups for more advice on how to set
everything up.

Victor

John

Victor said:
<offtopic>
Make sure that your project's target is a "Console Application" and not
a "Windows Application".
</offtopic>

Ask in 'microsoft.public.vc.*' newsgroups for more advice on how to set
everything up.

Victor

Thank you. That has done the trick. I still have a lot to learn :)