Building on Solaris and trouble with missing libcrypt_d

Justin Johnson

Hi,

I have a Solaris zone that I use to build Ruby on and then I deploy it
to a production box. I'm finding that there are some differences
between these boxes, which are causing ruby to not run correctly when
copied to the production box.

I build ruby on the test box as follows.

cd ruby-1.8.6-p111
/configure --prefix=/path/to/ruby
make
make install-all

It runs fine on the test box.

$ ruby --version
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [sparc-solaris2.10]

Then after I copy it to the same path on the production box I get the
following error.

$ ruby --version
libcrypt_d.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

The following files exist on the test box but not on the prod box.

/usr/lib/sparcv9/libcrypt_d.so
/usr/lib/sparcv9/libcrypt_d.so.1
/usr/lib/libcrypt_d.so
/usr/lib/libcrypt_d.so.1

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue is and how to avoid it? I
don't have access to install these missing libraries, and my hope is
that I can change some configure parameter to get around this.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin Johnson

In case it helps...

$ uname -a
SunOS test 5.10 Generic_127111-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12

$ uname -a
SunOS prod 5.10 Generic_125100-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12