    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/
    blog: http://zope.vex.net/~mcfletch/plumbing/

    Mike C. Fletcher, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Merci !

    Thanks ; I awaited that.

    Michel Claveau, résurectionné d'outre-bombe inform, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

    > I've put together a page describing how to build Python 2.4 extensions
    > with the free (as in beer, not libre) Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit
    > compiler. So far I've been able to build Numpy 23.1, PyOpenGL 2.0.1.07,
    > OpenGLContext 2.0.0b2 and mxTextTools-nr against Python 2.4a1, and they
    > seem to be working fine. I'm very interested in other developers who
    > want to try building with this combination giving feedback on what needs
    > to be done to make the instructions clearer and/or more comprehensive.
    >
    > http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/programming/mstoolkit/
    >
    > Have fun,
    > Mike

    > Mike C. Fletcher
    > Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    > http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/
    > blog: http://zope.vex.net/~mcfletch/plumbing/

    'twould be nice if you did a context diff, rather than a simple diff on
    the page.

    --
    -Scott David Daniels

    Scott David Daniels, Jul 18, 2004
  4. Re: Building Python 2.4 extensions with the Microsoft ToolkitCompiler

    Scott David Daniels, Jul 18, 2004
  5. Mike C. Fletcher

    Paul Moore Guest

    "Mike C. Fletcher" <> writes:

    > I've put together a page describing how to build Python 2.4 extensions
    > with the free (as in beer, not libre) Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit
    > compiler. So far I've been able to build Numpy 23.1, PyOpenGL
    > 2.0.1.07, OpenGLContext 2.0.0b2 and mxTextTools-nr against Python
    > 2.4a1, and they seem to be working fine. I'm very interested in other
    > developers who want to try building with this combination giving
    > feedback on what needs to be done to make the instructions clearer
    > and/or more comprehensive.
    >
    > http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/programming/mstoolkit/

    Have you put the distutils patch described here onto Sourceforge?

    Paul
    --
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
    unfamiliar territory -- Paul Fix

    Paul Moore, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Re: Building Python 2.4 extensions with the Microsoft ToolkitCompiler

    Paul Moore wrote:

    >> http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/programming/mstoolkit/
    >>

    >Have you put the distutils patch described here onto Sourceforge?

    Not yet.

    AFAIK no-one else has had success with the approach, which would seem to
    make including the support code in the standard library a little
    premature. More, the current patch hard-codes a GUID that may change
    (that is, different versions of the .NET Framework SDK may use different
    GUIDs), which suggests that it's not the correct way to address the
    problem of finding the SDK's installation directory.

    Both of those (confirmation and discussion of that little hack) should
    be discussed before integrating the code IMO.

    Enjoy,
    Mike

    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://www.vrplumber.com
    http://blog.vrplumber.com

    Mike C. Fletcher, Jul 29, 2004
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=, Jul 30, 2004