    Are there instructions on doing this.
    thanks
    black_13
    black_13, Dec 11, 2007

  2. > How do i build python 2.5.1 from source using MSVC 2005?
    > Are there instructions on doing this.

    See PCbuild8/readme.txt.

    The instructions may not be correct, and the project files
    may not work out of the box, so you are on your own wrt.
    anything that goes wrong - unless you ask here for specific
    advise on specific issues you encounter.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Löwis, Dec 11, 2007

  3. black_13

    black_13 Guest

    On Dec 11, 2:22 pm, "Martin v. Löwis" <> wrote:
    > > How do i build python 2.5.1 from source using MSVC 2005?
    > > Are there instructions on doing this.

    > See PCbuild8/readme.txt.
    >
    > The instructions may not be correct, and the project files
    > may not work out of the box, so you are on your own wrt.
    > anything that goes wrong - unless you ask here for specific
    > advise on specific issues you encounter.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    I was able to build the subversion source using the PCbuild8/
    readme.txt
    instructions. However how do i install the compiled interpreter and
    libraries
    so it can be used with swig or wxpython (win32).
    thanks.
    black_13, Dec 11, 2007
  4. > I was able to build the subversion source using the PCbuild8/
    > readme.txt instructions. However how do i install the compiled
    > interpreter and libraries so it can be used with swig or wxpython
    > (win32).

    I'm not sure why you want to install it - just run it from where
    it was built.

    If you want to install it, you either have to copy the files into
    place yourself, or you can try building an MSI file with Tools/msi/msi.py.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Löwis, Dec 11, 2007