Building python 2.5.1 from source using MSVC 2005

black_13

How do i build python 2.5.1 from source using MSVC 2005?
Are there instructions on doing this.
thanks
black_13

Martin v. Löwis

How do i build python 2.5.1 from source using MSVC 2005?
Are there instructions on doing this.

See PCbuild8/readme.txt.

The instructions may not be correct, and the project files
may not work out of the box, so you are on your own wrt.
anything that goes wrong - unless you ask here for specific
advise on specific issues you encounter.

Regards,
Martin

black_13

See PCbuild8/readme.txt.

The instructions may not be correct, and the project files
may not work out of the box, so you are on your own wrt.
anything that goes wrong - unless you ask here for specific
advise on specific issues you encounter.

Regards,
Martin

I was able to build the subversion source using the PCbuild8/
readme.txt
instructions. However how do i install the compiled interpreter and
libraries
so it can be used with swig or wxpython (win32).
thanks.

Martin v. Löwis

I was able to build the subversion source using the PCbuild8/
readme.txt instructions. However how do i install the compiled
interpreter and libraries so it can be used with swig or wxpython
(win32).

I'm not sure why you want to install it - just run it from where
it was built.

If you want to install it, you either have to copy the files into
place yourself, or you can try building an MSI file with Tools/msi/msi.py.

Regards,
Martin