Building Solution

thomson

Hi All,
While Iam building my solution, the VS 2003 editor get stucked,
for a few minutes and after sometimes it gets recovered, and the
solution building done,
While building i looked into the task manager entry, and
it says the program is not responding, after building the solution it
says the program is running.
It takes good time for me to build the solution? What
could be reason, please help

Thanks in Advance

Thomson

WJ

thomson said:
Hi All,
While Iam building my solution, the VS 2003 editor get stucked,
for a few minutes and after sometimes it gets recovered, and the
solution building done,
While building i looked into the task manager entry, and
it says the program is not responding, after building the solution it
says the program is running.

This symptom is very common to a low-end PC. Here is my system profile: A
Dell Dimension 4100 with CPU speed=930MHZ and 255MB Ram. I am running MS/SQL
Developer edition with IIS-5 running also. It is pretty slow compared to
today standard. All my stuffs are on an IBM 37GB HDD (approx. 7000/R). I
defrag my HDD once or twice a year. In other word, this PC hosts nothing but
MS sht! Bringing up a simple solution takes long time. However, I never have
problem in starting VS.Net 2003 EA. it comes up very quickly and almost all
MS/apps. such as Office pro., they always start so fast regardless of
capacity of PC.
It takes good time for me to build the solution? What
could be reason, please help

Depend on your PC. If it is a P4 and at least 255MB or higher, then take a
look at your system. Example: Inspect the processes running under Windows
Task Manager to make sure that no strange processes running. Turn off
unnecessary Windows Services. My PC get hit all the time because I share
with fellow students. They hop on internet and you know the rest...

John

thomson

Hi,
Mine is a p4 machine with 512 MB ram, You know when i build
the solution the entire editor becomes white, in a stucked position,
iam runnind win Xp proffessional, and there are no such unwanted
processes as such,
Iam doubting if iam missing any updates

Regards

thomson said:
Hi,
Mine is a p4 machine with 512 MB ram, You know when i build
the solution the entire editor becomes white, in a stucked position,
iam runnind win Xp proffessional, and there are no such unwanted
processes as such,
Iam doubting if iam missing any updates

Is it connected to any network resources at all, say a mapped network drive,
and are there files that are written to other resources than your local HDD
?

John