    available for this type of development

    Thanks and Regards
    Moin

    Proton Projects - Moin, Jan 24, 2007

  2. On Jan 24, 5:09 pm, "Proton Projects - Moin" <>
    wrote:
    > I would like to know is it possible to build the SWING

    That is 'Swing'. A name, not an acronym.

    >...based GUI by reading the XML.

    Sure. There have been several threads
    around these parts over the last few days
    that dealt with such things.

    Specifically 'Layout question', with
    'Suggestion for the choice of IDE' also
    drifting into that area at various points.

    > In web based application, i have built web pages(html, jsp) by reading
    > the XML. I have already done some analysis on NetBeans and Intelli
    > JIDEA. Both IDEs providing the functionality of GUI builder but no
    > options for building through XML

    Building what, where?

    - For transforming XML to HTML, I would
    look to XSLT.
    - For getting XML to Swing GUI components,
    you would need an applet or web-start'ed
    application. A Java 1.4+ app. can parse XML.

    Are you clear on the differences?

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Proton Projects - Moin

    JB Guest

    Hi Moin,

    you might want to take a look at Luxor. It reads XML User Interface
    description files and builds Swing GUIs at runtime.

    http://luxor-xul.sourceforge.net/

    Regards
    JB

    JB, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Hi Andrew and JB,

    Thanks for the response, it helped me a lot. I am checkin the link sent
    by JB. Thanks once again

    Moin

    Proton Projects - Moin, Jan 24, 2007