Building SWING GUI by reading XML

Proton Projects - Moin

Hi all,

I would like to know is it possible to build the SWING based GUI by
reading the XML.

In web based application, i have built web pages(html, jsp) by reading
the XML. I have already done some analysis on NetBeans and Intelli
JIDEA. Both IDEs providing the functionality of GUI builder but no
options for building through XML

Kindly let me know the possibility, if yes then let me know the tools
available for this type of development

Thanks and Regards
Moin

Andrew Thompson

On Jan 24, 5:09 pm, "Proton Projects - Moin" <[email protected]>
wrote:
I would like to know is it possible to build the SWING

That is 'Swing'. A name, not an acronym.
...based GUI by reading the XML.

Sure. There have been several threads
around these parts over the last few days
that dealt with such things.

Specifically 'Layout question', with
'Suggestion for the choice of IDE' also
drifting into that area at various points.
In web based application, i have built web pages(html, jsp) by reading
the XML. I have already done some analysis on NetBeans and Intelli
JIDEA. Both IDEs providing the functionality of GUI builder but no
options for building through XML

Building what, where?

- For transforming XML to HTML, I would
look to XSLT.
- For getting XML to Swing GUI components,
you would need an applet or web-start'ed
application. A Java 1.4+ app. can parse XML.

Are you clear on the differences?

Andrew T.

Proton Projects - Moin

Hi Andrew and JB,

Thanks for the response, it helped me a lot. I am checkin the link sent
by JB. Thanks once again

Moin