Building Web Project offline

Guest

I have what I think is a very simple question, but so far I have been unable t
find the answer

I have developed a small web based application that we will ship with one o
our products. I developed the project locally on my machine which has IIS installe
and running. Now I need to check the source code into our repository and it will subsequentl
get built on our 'build' machine with the rest of our product. It seems that the 'offline' optio
is what I need to build on a machine that does not have IIS installed, however, ho
do I control where the resultant output files get put. It seems to want to put the
in the VSWebCache directory - can I control this

I need to use a web setup project to package up the resultant web application. Again I have this working just fine when I build on my local machine, but when this moves to our real 'build' machine will it know where to find the required files when building in this 'offline' mode

Terr

Guest

OK so I finally found the setting that can control where the VSWebCach
is stored - Tools->Options->Projects->WebSettings. Unfortunately thi
means that it is the same location for all projects but I can live wit
that for now

HOWEVER, I still can't figure out how to build my asp.net application o
our 'build' machine that does not have IIS installed on it. I thought if I se
the 'Work Offline' option in the project, that it would get persisted in th
project files. However, when I copy my project to our Build machine an
try to make it, it still insists on trying to connect to the server and fails. Wher
is this 'Work Offline' option kept and how do I build this thing on a machin
without IIS - surely someone must know the answer to this?

Thanks

Terr