Buiulding multiple versions of Ruby

john maclean

This is the way that I build ruby from the latest svn sources. This
allows me to have multiple versions and to compare the
performance/behaviour of my builds against the stable version provided
by my distro.

cd ~/path/to/source
/configure --prefix=/home/jayeola/installs --program-suffix=191
make -j2 && make -j2 install

How do you guys do it?

--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT

Brian Candler

john said:
cd ~/path/to/source
./configure --prefix=/home/jayeola/installs --program-suffix=191
make -j2 && make -j2 install

How do you guys do it?

This is correct, except ruby 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 clash, so if you want both
of those give them a different --prefix