Bulk email | local stmp collab with asp cdo and access 2000?

jason

What are the technical challenges in getting a local SMTP email server set
up on a win3k system or alternatively on a win2k pro local work statation.

We are on the verge of acquiring a new win3k system for local asp testing
development purposes and to allow satellite branches to ftp-in and grab
images.

I need to utilize the bulk emailing facility to send up to 20,000 emails a
day after looping through my customer list which resides in a Access
database.

My current web host restricts me to 800 emails today while our 3rd party
email bulk broadcaster will not allow my to acccess their API to send the
email.

I am technically challenged when iut comes to OS pecularities and need a
simple, elegant solution to bulk emailing fast - any feedback welcome.

- Jason

Jeff Cochran

What are the technical challenges in getting a local SMTP email server set
up on a win3k system or alternatively on a win2k pro local work statation.

Add/remove programs, Windows Components.
We are on the verge of acquiring a new win3k system for local asp testing
development purposes and to allow satellite branches to ftp-in and grab
images.

I need to utilize the bulk emailing facility to send up to 20,000 emails a
day after looping through my customer list which resides in a Access
database.

Ahhh. There is no "bulk emailing facility" built into any operating
system or SMTP. It's simply SMTP. You could write a program to read
the database fileds, compose the emails and send them in just about
any language you choose.
My current web host restricts me to 800 emails today while our 3rd party
email bulk broadcaster will not allow my to acccess their API to send the
email.

I am technically challenged when iut comes to OS pecularities and need a
simple, elegant solution to bulk emailing fast - any feedback welcome.

Buy a solution then. There are only a bazillion bulk email programs
available to the spammers, join the fray.

Jeff

jason

Hey Mike - can you tell me more:

- Are their limitations in sending eg: 10,000 emails via win3k smtp after
you install the program. from add/remove....

- Sure, there may be million of bulk emailing facilities but I don't
understand what tech capabilities you need. For instance, supposing our
domain and website is hosted remotely somewhere else with the domain name.
Are there potential problems with sending bulk email from our local win3k
system which does not house the domain. I suppose we could buy a secondardy
domain: eg www.companygroup.com but what about things like setting up
reverse dns and coping with
anti-spamming software. We would not be spamming but I really have no idea
how to make the campaign technically successful.

- Jason

ps: would you by any chance know the smtp mail server used within the
e-blast mailer add on which is geared towards the Act! Contact Management
System?

-