    Is this a good method, or what would be a better approach?

    TIA,
    Tim
    Tim, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Tim

    Zam Guest

    Hello,

    Better to send not more than 800 emails per once -- you may get Timeout
    Error, or hang up other clients/connection -- try to send not more than 200
    or 400 emails in one request. (400 are optimal maximum on my web server).
    All customers info also in SQL database.

    -- or --

    Use native SQL Server mail ability

    -- or --

    Build and use some Windows EXEcutable Application, which will be sending
    mails -- this will be better, in case if you need to send email daily, not
    monthly.

    With best regards,

    Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    If you response to an email, please quote the complete message.
    http://1click.lv

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > I need to send an email out to about 800 members of our organization once
    > every month. I've been using a 3rd party listserver, but that's been
    > cumbersome at best, trying to keep the two email databases in sync and
    > all...
    >
    > I know how to write an asp loop to query our database and send an email to
    > each of the 800 recipients, but I'm not sure if this is the right

    approach.

    > We have an sql-driven website that's tied in as well, so ideally what I

    want

    Zam, Mar 11, 2005