Bulk emailing

Tim

I need to send an email out to about 800 members of our organization once
every month. I've been using a 3rd party listserver, but that's been
cumbersome at best, trying to keep the two email databases in sync and
all...

I know how to write an asp loop to query our database and send an email to
each of the 800 recipients, but I'm not sure if this is the right approach.

We have an sql-driven website that's tied in as well, so ideally what I want
to do is use asp to grab some website data from the sql database, generate
the email text, then cycle through our membership database sending it to
each member.

Is this a good method, or what would be a better approach?

TIA,
Tim

Zam

Hello,

Better to send not more than 800 emails per once -- you may get Timeout
Error, or hang up other clients/connection -- try to send not more than 200
or 400 emails in one request. (400 are optimal maximum on my web server).
All customers info also in SQL database.

-- or --

Use native SQL Server mail ability

-- or --

Build and use some Windows EXEcutable Application, which will be sending
mails -- this will be better, in case if you need to send email daily, not
monthly.

With best regards,

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
If you response to an email, please quote the complete message.
http://1click.lv