Bulk Import - Thread was being Aborted

Prasad Dannani

I am facing a unique problem where i am reading

an XMl stream(8000 records) using open XML into SQL server > The problem is
that whenever i execute the stored procedure it starts inserting data but
suddenly stops at about 1 min 45-50 secs time. The import stops and the
error is

"Thread was being aborted". The whole stuff works fine when i connect to the
database server from local machine.

The database server is located at a remore place and the live application
resides in the same place as of the database server. I get this problem when
i try doing import logging in to the live server. i dont get this problem
when i try doing this locally to the remote database server

Settings : IIS6.0 and ASP.NET, SQL Server

please suggest if there are any web server based settings which are forcing
the import to time out.

Arnab Kumar Dutta

Associate-Technology

BMS Team