Bullet Points

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Rudiga, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. Rudiga

    Rudiga Guest

    Hi

    I am having trouble with my bullet points.

    I am trying to get my bullet points to be like this:

    * nkjnsjdnjkndfs
    jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
    jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

    * bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
    jnjkndsjnjk

    By default it looks like this

    nkjnsjdnjkndfs
    jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
    * jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

    bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
    * jnjkndsjnjk

    and if i insert a table within the bullet point i get it like this;

    nkjnsjdnjkndfs
    * jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
    jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

    (ie in the middle of the text)

    Can anyone help?

    Rudiga
    Rudiga, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Rudiga

    Rudiga Guest

    Sorry, by default it looks like this;

    * nkjnsjdnjkndfs
    jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
    jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj

    * bjkfdbjhbhjbdhb
    jnjkndsjnjk

    Rudiga, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Rudiga

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Rudiga* wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am having trouble with my bullet points.

    Give an url to a page where your bullets are wrong, sp we can see what
    you are doing to make them looking wrong. Your examples don't show anything.

    --
    /Arne

    Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
    Arne, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Rudiga

    Rudiga Guest

    I cant show you the actual page as it isnt online. The code i am using for
    this part is this;

    <li style="list-style-position: inside"><xsl:apply-templates/></li>

    I basically dont want the text to wrap around underneath the bullet point.

    Rudiga

    Rudiga, Mar 16, 2006
  5. Rudiga

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Rudiga* wrote:
    > I cant show you the actual page as it isnt online. The code i am using for
    > this part is this;
    >
    > <li style="list-style-position: inside"><xsl:apply-templates/></li>
    >
    > I basically dont want the text to wrap around underneath the bullet point.

    Well, then don't "list-style-position: inside" if you don't like it. :)

    Position "outside" is the default (marker is placed outside the text,
    and any wrapping text is *not* aligned under the marker.

    Position "inside" place the marker "inside" the text and any wrapping
    text *is* aligned under the marker.

    Arne, Mar 16, 2006
  6. Rudiga

    Jim Moe Guest

    Rudiga wrote:

    > I am having trouble with my bullet points.
    >
    > By default it looks like this
    >
    > nkjnsjdnjkndfs
    > jkbnjkebnjkbnjkn
    > * jhjkjkhnjhjkjkj