Bulletin baord needed

Lori

I am an amateur web desinger and recently remodeled my website. I would
like to include a bulletin board on it. Is there any free easy to use
bulleting board code or software that I can use?

Thanks

Steve R.

Lori wrote in message ...
Is there any free easy to use bulletin board software that I can use?

The best free forum software if your sever will accept PHP is phpBB2 boards
downloadable for free which you can install and manage yourself from
http://www.phpbb.com/
Here's a working example at http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=1

If you don't want that, but just a simple already hosted forum, with a few
small ads then use Proboards at http://proboards.com here's a working
example at http://support.proboards.com/

Hope that's a help.

Steve.

PW

Lori said:
I am an amateur web desinger and recently remodeled my website. I would
like to include a bulletin board on it. Is there any free easy to use
bulleting board code or software that I can use?

If a guest book or message board will do what you want, you could try
"ASPBoard". Its free, but you need to be running a web server. Heres the
readme file ...

HTH,
Paul

------------------

aspBoard 1.0
Message Board Component for ASP Internet Applications
aspBoard 1.0 is a product of FreezingCold Software
Makers of CommandoPro software - Industrial strength
search engine submisison tool:
http://www.commandopro.com

Additional Information can be found on our website:
http://www.FreezingCold.com

Installation Instructions:
Copy all files to your website's root directory.
If you are working with Visual InterDev you may also
need to manually add them to the current project.
You can later move the files wherever you want.

Customization Instructions:

The only file you will want to modify is aspBoardData.asp.
The most important variable is abDBPath. This variable
will be used by the webserver to map the correct path
of the database. By default, the database will reside
in the root directory along with the rest of the aspBoard
files. Therefore, you do not need to change this value.

If you need to use MS Access 97, there is a file included:
aspboard97.mdb - just delete the other database and rename
this one to aspboard.mdb

Contact: (e-mail address removed)

Leif K-Brooks

PW said:
If a guest book or message board will do what you want, you could try
"ASPBoard". Its free, but you need to be running a web server. Heres the
readme file ...

Of course you don't need to run your own web server to use ASPBoard.
Where did you get that idea? What you do need is an IIS server.

Spartanicus

Lori said:
I am an amateur web desinger and recently remodeled my website. I would
like to include a bulletin board on it. Is there any free easy to use
bulleting board code or software that I can use?

You could also consider setting up a list at Yahoo Groups, this requires
little work and has some added advantages like the ability to use it
with the web interface or as a mailing list.

Toby A Inkster

PW said:
but you need to be running a web server.

If you want a web site, then you generally do need to have a web server.
An FTP server could potentially do the job in some cases.

PW

Leif K-Brooks said:
Of course you don't need to run your own web server to use ASPBoard.
Where did you get that idea? What you do need is an IIS server.

Isn't IIS a web server ?

William Tasso

PW said:
Isn't IIS a web server ?

of course it is. seems you failed to notice Leif had tongue planted firmly
in cheek. your choices are:

o Move on and ignore it.
o See it as a challenge to your very being and initiate a nuclear strike

Happy New Year.

PW

William Tasso said:
o Move on and ignore it.
o See it as a challenge to your very being and initiate a nuclear strike

LOL! I think I'll take option 3, and admit I was sucked in by curiosity.

Happy New Year.

PW