Bullets into a textbox

tshad

I am trying to display 10 bullets in my textbox similar to the way Password
mode does it.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Mark Rae said:
Set it to Password mode.
I don't want to set it to Password mode. I just want to put the bullets in
the field. At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
bullets that the password mode uses.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest

Set it to Password mode.

I don't want to set it to Password mode.  I just want to put the bullets in
the field.  At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
bullets that the password mode uses.

Thanks,

Tom

TextBox1.Text = String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf');

tshad

message"tshad"
Set it to Password mode.

I don't want to set it to Password mode. I just want to put the bullets in
the field. At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
bullets that the password mode uses.

Thanks,

Tom

TextBox1.Text = String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf');

That works pretty well. Looks almost like a bullet (black circle) but a
little off.

How would it test this? ie:

if (TextBox.Text == "?")
then do something

Thanks,

Tom

Guest

That works pretty well.  Looks almost like a bullet (black circle) but a
little off.

How would it test this?  ie:

if (TextBox.Text == "?")
   then do something

Thanks,

Tom

I like it more than '\u2022' (real bullet)

to test use

if (TextBox1.Text == String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf'))
then something

tshad

Mark Rae said:
What's the difference...?
The difference is that the client wants the user to see bullets in the field
when displaying, but when typing into the field, he wants to be able to see
actual text being typed in. Then when the page is redisplayed it would show
bullets again. And the behavior is based on permissions.

Tom