    Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, May 8, 2009

  2. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    news:OBycL%...
    > "tshad" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I am trying to display 10 bullets in my textbox similar to the way
    >> Password mode does it.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to do this?

    > Set it to Password mode.

    I don't want to set it to Password mode. I just want to put the bullets in
    the field. At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
    bullets that the password mode uses.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, May 8, 2009

  3. On May 8, 4:46 am, "tshad" <> wrote:
    > "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in messagenews:OBycL%...> "tshad" <> wrote in message

    > >> I am trying to display 10 bullets in my textbox similar to the way
    > >> Password mode does it.

    > >> Is there a way to do this?

    > > Set it to Password mode.

    > I don't want to set it to Password mode.  I just want to put the bullets in
    > the field.  At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
    > bullets that the password mode uses.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom
    >

    > > --
    > > Mark Rae
    > > ASP.NET MVP
    > >http://www.markrae.net

    TextBox1.Text = String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf');
    Alexey Smirnov, May 8, 2009
  4. tshad

    tshad Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On May 8, 4:46 am, "tshad" <> wrote:
    > "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in
    > messagenews:OBycL%...> "tshad"
    > <> wrote in message

    > >> I am trying to display 10 bullets in my textbox similar to the way
    > >> Password mode does it.

    > >> Is there a way to do this?

    > > Set it to Password mode.

    > I don't want to set it to Password mode. I just want to put the bullets in
    > the field. At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
    > bullets that the password mode uses.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom
    >

    > > --
    > > Mark Rae
    > > ASP.NET MVP
    > >http://www.markrae.net

    > TextBox1.Text = String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf');

    That works pretty well. Looks almost like a bullet (black circle) but a
    little off.

    How would it test this? ie:

    if (TextBox.Text == "?")
    then do something

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, May 8, 2009
  5. On May 8, 9:27 am, "tshad" <> wrote:
    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > On May 8, 4:46 am, "tshad" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote in
    > > messagenews:OBycL%...> "tshad"
    > > <> wrote in message

    > > > Set it to Password mode.

    > > I don't want to set it to Password mode. I just want to put the bullets in
    > > the field. At the moment, I am using asterisks and would rather use the
    > > bullets that the password mode uses.

    > > Thanks,

    > > Tom

    > > > --
    > > > Mark Rae
    > > > ASP.NET MVP
    > > >http://www.markrae.net

    > > TextBox1.Text = String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf');

    > That works pretty well.  Looks almost like a bullet (black circle) but a
    > little off.
    >
    > How would it test this?  ie:
    >
    > if (TextBox.Text == "?")
    >    then do something
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    I like it more than '\u2022' (real bullet)

    to test use

    if (TextBox1.Text == String.Empty.PadLeft(10, '\u25cf'))
    then something
    Alexey Smirnov, May 8, 2009
  6. tshad

    > "tshad" <> wrote in message

    >>> Set it to Password mode.
    >>>

    >> I don't want to set it to Password mode. I just want to put the bullets
    >> in the field.

    > What's the difference...?

    The difference is that the client wants the user to see bullets in the field
    when displaying, but when typing into the field, he wants to be able to see
    actual text being typed in. Then when the page is redisplayed it would show
    bullets again. And the behavior is based on permissions.

    Tom
    tshad, May 11, 2009