Burn Image to CD or Other Media (c:\, network drive, etc)

Lisa

Hello,

I'm new to this group and fairly new to the .net framework and aspnet.
I am trying to do something which seems impossible to me at this time.

I support a document imaging system. On occasion, users need to be
able to save their images to either a CD, hard drive, network drive,
etc.

I have not been able to figure out how to allow them to save their
image from a browser. I keep getting security permission exceptions
when I try to get the Selected Path from the dialog box...

folderBrowserDialog1.Description ="Select the folder to save the
images: ";
folderBrowserDialog1.ShowDialog();
// the following line causes an error
MessageBox.Show("Selected Path = " +
folderBrowserDialog1.SelectedPath);

Is there any way to get around this? I don't want to put an active x
control out there just want the user to get prompted that they are
about to save something to the selected path they chose and for the
user to choose whether or not to allow this...

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

darrel

Is there any way to get around this? I don't want to put an active x
control out there just want the user to get prompted that they are
about to save something to the selected path they chose and for the
user to choose whether or not to allow this...

Are you trying to set the SAVE path on their own computer from your app? I
don't think you can do that (for obvious security reasons).

They'd have to decide where on their computer they want to save it
themselves.

-Darrel

Lisa

HI Darrel,

Thanks for responding... I'm trying to get the SAVE path from their OWN
computer so that I know where they want to save the image...

I've seen apps where you can select a location to save a file and then
you get a message saying that for example "IBM is trying to save a file
to your computer, would you allow it?" and then if you say yes, it
saves it... I want this type of behavior...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lisa