Burst.net posts five new invoices on cancelled server

Stephen K. Gielda

Last week Burst and I had a little go round that was documented here.
This week they have submitted five new invoices for $159 each after
billing me on the 20th for $162. This is all for a $159/mo server I
cancelled about three days after purchase. This forced me to have to
cancel my business check card to stop them from billing it.

I mailed them a couple of times prior to doing this and received no
response. Instead I received more invoices.

/steve

Charles Sweeney

Stephen K. Gielda wrote
Last week Burst and I had a little go round that was documented here.
This week they have submitted five new invoices for $159 each after
billing me on the 20th for $162. This is all for a $159/mo server I
cancelled about three days after purchase. This forced me to have to
cancel my business check card to stop them from billing it.

I mailed them a couple of times prior to doing this and received no
response. Instead I received more invoices.

You should bill them for your time.

Stephen K. Gielda

Stephen K. Gielda wrote

You should bill them for your time.

I'm actually baffled, I don't understand why they would do something
like this. It's not like it can have any other possible result. I
cannot believe any company would deliberately start this, I keep waiting
for the email explaining some glitch. But it's not coming.

/steve

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Stephen K. Gielda quothed:
Last week Burst and I had a little go round that was documented here.
This week they have submitted five new invoices for $159 each after
billing me on the 20th for $162. This is all for a $159/mo server I
cancelled about three days after purchase. This forced me to have to
cancel my business check card to stop them from billing it.

I mailed them a couple of times prior to doing this and received no
response. Instead I received more invoices.

Why would they bill you and not just charge your check card in the first
place?

Anyway, if you didn't sign a contract, they're simply blowing hot air.

Steve Sobol

Stephen said:
Last week Burst and I had a little go round that was documented here.
This week they have submitted five new invoices for $159 each after
billing me on the 20th for $162. This is all for a $159/mo server I
cancelled about three days after purchase. This forced me to have to
cancel my business check card to stop them from billing it.

I mailed them a couple of times prior to doing this and received no
response. Instead I received more invoices.

Six months after I cancelled a VOIP service I was using, I got billed for
it. I filed a police report with the PD in the city where the company is
headquartered (fraudulent credit card transaction). If they tried to ding
you already, you might want to consider doing the same thing.

Stephen K. Gielda

Six months after I cancelled a VOIP service I was using, I got billed for
it. I filed a police report with the PD in the city where the company is
headquartered (fraudulent credit card transaction). If they tried to ding
you already, you might want to consider doing the same thing.

I want to first see if it's an accident. I don't like to instantly
assume malice where incompetence might be the reason. But I'm having a
difficult time seeing how five new invoice submisions 8 days after I
signed up and paid for the first mo already, is not deliberate,
especially given the blowout I had with their support staff.

/steve