Bush Campaign Shift: Now It's a One-Man Race

Gactimus

Your admission of defeat is noted and accepted.

Sorry Gacky, this is a debate, not any other sort of competition. Me
giving up providing proof for you to heap disrespect on and summarily
ignore does not mean there has been any victory or defeat.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, namecalling isn't proof. You have yet to provide proof.

Larry Hewitt

Gactimus said:
(e-mail address removed) (666) wrote in

Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront. Did he really
expect it to not be scrutinized?

I'll admit it. No one anticipated the depth and breadth, the sheer audacity
and willingness to lie, of the Bush campaign. Bush was credited with some
human compassion and a small amount of hinesty. It was a terrible mistake to
believe that Bush would act honorably.

But the country is learning. The Annenberg center says that 46% ofAmericans
believe that Bush himself is behind the attack ads, vs 37% that don;t. And
more believe Bush personally is behind the attack every day. And the number
of people who believe tha ads is plummeting - it is now down to 24%

Most importantly, independents do not believe the smears, and lay the blame
for the smears on Bush personally.

http://www.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org/naes/2004_03_Kerry-Vietnam_08-27_pr.pdf

An interesting aside. The bulk of the people who believe the smears are
heavy cable tv watchers. And Faux news is the biggest soruce for them. Cable
news' handling of hte smear as a "real news" item is the primary reason that
the lies are believed!!

Larry

Larry Hewitt

Gactimus said:
How do you know they are?

Hmmm. Let's see. There is the Oregon prosecuter (French) who admits he lied
on his affadavit. There is Eliot who praised him in Nam, praised Kerry in
1996, then signed an affadavit against him, took it back, took back the take
back, then went into hiding. Or Hoffman, who recommended him for medals and
said his tactics were aggressive and innovative, and now is against Kerry.
Or how about Thurlow, who claims there was no enemy fire, yet his own medal
commendation and his coxswain says HE was under fire. Thurlow claims to have
never read his commendation --- riiight. How about Schachte? Claims to have
been on a 3 man Boston Whaler with Kerry during one incident, and disputes
Kerry's version of events. But he cannot produce documentation to show he
was there - he was not assigned to the boat. Nor can he name the third
crewman. But two crewmen who WERE assigned to the boat - and know each other
and Kerry - back up Kerry's story and say THEY were there. Or the biggest
liar of them all - O'Neill. First he claims he was in Nam with Kerry - but
he showed up two months after Kerry left. Next he denies any ties to
republican politicing - yet he worked with Charles Colson on Nixon's dirty
tricks squad in 1971, and has worked for repuglicons snce then. Then he says
Kerry could not have been in Cambodia because no one went to Cambodia. But
O'Neill told Nixon he was in Cambodia. Now he says he was really 100 yards
from the border - not the 50 miles he said when he called Kerry a liar.

But mostly it is the word of people who were not there being contradicted by
the word of people who were there.

Larry

Larry Hewitt

Gactimus said:
Prove they lied.

Hee hee. French, the Oregon prosecuter, for example, has ADMITTED he lied.

Eliott told the Boston Globe he lied, then took bak his admission and went
into hiding.

Schachte says he went on patrol with Kerry, yet was not assigned tot he
boat and cannot name the other crew memeber. And there are two men who WERE
assigned to the boat who say they were there- and he wasn;t.

O'Neill cannot get his Cambodia story straight. First he never got closer
than 50 miles (Sa Dec). The it comes out he bragged to Nixon he was in
Cambodia. Now he claims he got no closer than 100 yards. Which one is it?

Larry

Larry Hewitt

Gactimus said:
Your admission of defeat is noted and accepted.

Prove they told the truth. Burden is on the accuser.

Your abject inability to suppo\rt your lies is noted.

Larry

Gactimus

Hmmm. Let's see. There is the Oregon prosecuter (French) who admits he
lied on his affadavit.

No he didn't.
[...]

They were all there, dumbass.

Gactimus

I'll admit it. No one anticipated the depth and breadth, the sheer
audacity and willingness to lie, of the Bush campaign. Bush was credited
with some human compassion and a small amount of hinesty. It was a
terrible mistake to believe that Bush would act honorably.

The ads are about Kerry and have nothing to do with Bush.

Gactimus

Hee hee. French, the Oregon prosecuter, for example, has ADMITTED he
lied.

Eliott told the Boston Globe he lied, then took bak his admission and
went into hiding.

No, it was shown that a partisan journalist took his statements out of
context. The entire story was debunked.

forge

Gactimus said:
Sorry, namecalling isn't proof. You have yet to provide proof.

You're not getting it are you? You make a statement, I say it's b.s.,
you tell me to provide proof that it's b.s., I do, you say my sources
aren't worth looking at, over and over and over, multiplied by however
many people are responding to your babble. I'm done, and you don't win
anything.

Larry Hewitt

Gactimus said:
No he didn't.

Yes, he did. His affadavit said he had p[ersonal knowledge. He now admits
that he got the info from a few "friends".

But I'm not surprised you would say this. Your whole modus operandi is to
deny, deny, deny.
They were all there, dumbass.

Nope. Denying again. O'Neill, as I said above, didn;t even get in country
until more than 2 months after Kerry left.

Larry

Gactimus

No he didn't.

Yes, he did. His affadavit said he had p[ersonal knowledge. He now
admits that he got the info from a few "friends".

But I'm not surprised you would say this. Your whole modus operandi is
to deny, deny, deny.

Cite please.

Gactimus

You're not getting it are you? You make a statement, I say it's b.s.,
you tell me to provide proof that it's b.s., I do, you say my sources
aren't worth looking at, over and over and over, multiplied by however
many people are responding to your babble. I'm done, and you don't win
anything.

There's nothing more to talk about. You've already admitted defeat.

Larry Hewitt

Gactimus said:
(e-mail address removed) on 8/27/04 8:37 PM:

(e-mail address removed) (666) wrote in

Campaign insiders said TV and radio ads will no longer mention
the Democrat candidate, but will simply focus on the
president's record and his vision for the future.

"I can't change people whose hearts overflow with hatred," said
the president. "So I'll just focus on rallying those whose
minds are still open. We're going to target what you call your
sentient beings."

From salon.com:

It takes real courage to desert your post and then attack a
wounded vet
An open letter from Michael Moore to President George W. Bush.

Kerry was the one who put his Vietnam service on the forefront.
Did he really expect it to not be scrutinized?

Just sad that so many people have to lie about his record...

How do you know they are?

Hmmm. Let's see. There is the Oregon prosecuter (French) who admits
he lied on his affadavit.

No he didn't.

Yes, he did. His affadavit said he had p[ersonal knowledge. He now
admits that he got the info from a few "friends".

But I'm not surprised you would say this. Your whole modus operandi is
to deny, deny, deny.

Cite please.

This post.

Larry

Parrot

Hee hee. French, the Oregon prosecuter, for example, has ADMITTED he lied.

In the ad, French says, "I served with John Kerry...he is lying about his
record." That is what was in the ad. Later, in an interview, he admitted that
"I was not a witness to these events but my friends were."

Of course, there are many credulous people who will simply accept the
allegations of Swift Boat Veterans for "Truth" at face value.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/109300303292321.xml

Mr. French is dealing with a few problems at this point, both involving his
veracity. One, unrelated to his claims connected with the Swift Boat matter,
has gotten him placed on administrative leave.

Prosecutor who attacked Kerry admits lying to boss
Clackamas County puts Alfred French on leave after he says he
misled his supervisor about an extramarital affair

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/109360837947360.xml

Oh...then there's this: A letter from the Oregon State Bar, questioning Mr.
French's role in preparing the affadavit and advertisement (for the Swift Boat
Veterans) and his intent in doing so.

http://www.kgw.com/news/pdf/french.pdf

With all the play the Swift Boat story is getting, though, there are many who
will swallow it at face value. Some because it supports "their guy," but some
just because it appeared in the media.

And, although Bush has called Kerry's service "honorable," he waited until the
smear campaign had had a good run.