    The counter does not include my own hits.
    I use firefox in favor of IE and I do not use XP.

    But next month it will probably show only 40 hits.

    Richard, Jan 25, 2005

  2. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30 hits with
    > 11 unique.
    >
    > Operating system: Windows XP
    > Browser: IE 6.
    > Screen resolution of 1024x768
    >
    > Reported as the most used by visitors.
    > The counter does not include my own hits.
    > I use firefox in favor of IE and I do not use XP.
    >
    > But next month it will probably show only 40 hits.

    Those are all from us, though, dimwit.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 25, 2005

  3. While the city slept, Richard (Anonymous@127.001) feverishly typed...

    > In just the three short hours I added a hit counter

    It took you three hours to go to Bravenet and add their code to your page?

    > I've had 30 hits with 11 unique.

    Woooo! That'll be all the people in here going to see how crap your site is
    now everytime you post the URI...

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Richard wrote:
    > In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30 hits with
    > 11 unique.
    >
    > Operating system: Windows XP
    > Browser: IE 6.
    > Screen resolution of 1024x768
    >
    > Reported as the most used by visitors.
    > The counter does not include my own hits.
    > I use firefox in favor of IE and I do not use XP.
    >
    > But next month it will probably show only 40 hits.

    In your site? Thats is not much?

    We have a 125479 hits and 1103 unigues and it is not much. Best unique
    number is over 2000 in month.

    http://www.technologycommunity.com/

    Matti Kiviharju, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:17:42 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    >> In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30 hits
    >> with
    >> 11 unique.

    >> Operating system: Windows XP
    >> Browser: IE 6.
    >> Screen resolution of 1024x768

    >> Reported as the most used by visitors.
    >> The counter does not include my own hits.
    >> I use firefox in favor of IE and I do not use XP.

    >> But next month it will probably show only 40 hits.

    > Those are all from us, though, dimwit.

    I know that dipshit.

    Richard, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Richard

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:48:56 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
    wrote:

    >In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30 hits with
    >11 unique.

    Wow. So you had 19 _repeat_ visits ?

    > Anonymous@127.001

    This still really cracks me up :cool:

    Andy Dingley, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Matti Kiviharju wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30
    >> hits with 11 unique.

    > In your site? Thats is not much?
    >
    > Best unique number is over 2000 in month.

    Which works out to 66.66666... per day, 2.77777... per hour, or
    8.333333... every three hours; more than the 11 that RtS claims to have
    gotten in three hours. (Of course, your figure is counting off-peak
    hours too.)

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > more than the 11 that RtS claims to have gotten in three hours.

    Er... less! Less!

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 25, 2005
  9. Richard

    Fat Sam Guest

    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:17:42 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > >> In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30 hits
    > >> with
    > >> 11 unique.

    > >> Operating system: Windows XP
    > >> Browser: IE 6.
    > >> Screen resolution of 1024x768

    > >> Reported as the most used by visitors.
    > >> The counter does not include my own hits.
    > >> I use firefox in favor of IE and I do not use XP.

    > >> But next month it will probably show only 40 hits.

    > > Those are all from us, though, dimwit.

    > I know that dipshit.

    So what's your point?

    --
    Sam.
    www.fixaphoto.co.uk

    Fat Sam, Jan 25, 2005
  10. Richard

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Fat Sam scribbled in the mud:

    >> I know that dipshit.

    > So what's your point?

    So now you want a point? Why?

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR

    Duende, Jan 25, 2005
  11. Richard

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > I've had 30 hits with 11 unique.

    So? Site at work gets about 15000 page requests per day.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 25, 2005
  12. In article <>, Leif K-Brooks says...
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > > more than the 11 that RtS claims to have gotten in three hours.

    > Er... less! Less!

    But that's regular traffic, not just people from this group!

    Dan

    Daniel Ruscoe, Jan 26, 2005
  13. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On 25 Jan 2005 22:23:21 GMT Duende wrote:

    > While sitting in a puddle Fat Sam scribbled in the mud:

    >>> I know that dipshit.

    >> So what's your point?

    > So now you want a point? Why?

    Because.

    Richard, Jan 26, 2005
  14. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:42:36 -0500 Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > Matti Kiviharju wrote:
    >> Richard wrote:

    >>> In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30
    >>> hits with 11 unique.

    >> In your site? Thats is not much?

    >> Best unique number is over 2000 in month.

    > Which works out to 66.66666... per day, 2.77777... per hour, or
    > 8.333333... every three hours; more than the 11 that RtS claims to have
    > gotten in three hours. (Of course, your figure is counting off-peak
    > hours too.)

    66.6?

    The devil you say.

    Richard, Jan 26, 2005
  15. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:18:15 +0000 Andy Dingley wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:48:56 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
    > wrote:

    >>In just the three short hours I added a hit counter, I've had 30 hits
    >>with
    >>11 unique.

    > Wow. So you had 19 _repeat_ visits ?

    No. 11 people, some of whom refreshed the page. Probably checking to see if
    it worked with JS on and off.
    I am now over 100 hits, 36 unique. Whoopee!

    Richard, Jan 26, 2005
  16. Richard

    Augustus Guest

    > I am now over 100 hits, 36 unique. Whoopee!

    Its like an unstoppable juggernaut of eCommerce!!

    Augustus, Jan 26, 2005
  17. Richard

    tm Guest

    Augustus wrote:
    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote

    > > I am now over 100 hits, 36 unique. Whoopee!

    > Its like an unstoppable juggernaut of eCommerce!!

    Someone inform Microsoft. A new player is in town!

    tm, Jan 26, 2005
  18. In article <>, tm
    says...
    > Augustus wrote:
    > > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote

    > > > I am now over 100 hits, 36 unique. Whoopee!

    > > Its like an unstoppable juggernaut of eCommerce!!

    > Someone inform Microsoft. A new player is in town!

    In fairness, I was pretty excited the first time one of my sites
    starting receiving traffic. I eagerly watched the stats, I just didn't
    post them to Usenet.

    Richard, everybody is proud of their achievements with their websites,
    but you'll get a much better response here if you only update us after a
    decent amount of progress.

    Dan

    Daniel Ruscoe, Jan 26, 2005