Button causing page load

Selden McCabe

I have an asp.net project with several pages.
On most pages, clicking a button fire's the button's click event, and the
page does not get reloaded unless something triggers a postback.

But on one page, when I click the button, the click event does not fire, and
the page gets reloaded (IsPostback is false). When I view the call stack,
there isn't any vb code, just a fresh page load starting with
IsapiRuntime.ProcessingRequest.

What could be causing this behavior? It's stumping me!

---Selden

Selden McCabe

Never mind... I figured it out.

If anyone has the same trouble, it was because I had copied/pasted some html
from an HTML page into my aspx... and some of this html containd <Form tags
with action=post. Once I removed those, it worked normally.