Button click event doesn't fire for iMode while using MMIT

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by NIIT, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. NIIT

    NIIT Guest

    We are developing a mobile web based solution for Japan market that would be
    accessible on iMode, Vodafone and AU/KDDI phones. We are using MMIT + Device
    update 4.

    The application is working fine on various simulators (iMode simulator
    available from NTT Docomo site, J-Phone 919smu simulator, Openwave) but on
    actual devices it works fine on Vodafone device but is not working on iMode &
    AU devices. Following is what we get (On both devices):
    1) Our first screen loads and displays properly.
    2) User enters input values and submits the values; the application is not
    able to proceed to next screen. The current page refreshes itself.
    3) In the form tag, if we add action=â€somepage.aspxâ€, then the application
    moves to somepage.aspx (we are using method=â€get†to support Vodafone)
    4) Corresponding button click event in code behind is never fired when
    working from these two devices (while it fires while working from Vodafone
    device)
    5) We tried by changing from Get to Post method but the situation is still
    same.
    6) We have tried by disabling “view state†& “session state†(we are using
    SQL Server session state), but with no luck.
    7) In web.config, we already have useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true"

    Any suggestion would be welcome.
    --
    Harish Nanda, Pervasive Computing center

    NIIT, Dec 16, 2005