Button Click on a User Control Not getting fired

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Moksha, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Moksha

    Moksha Guest

    Hi all,

    My first post here :) ..

    I seem to have a problem with a button click on a Custom User Control. The
    scenario is such :

    I have a Home Page (H) and I have a User Control (UC) dynamically loaded on
    the page in a DataGrid. On the UC, I have a Button (B). Now the page is
    But, when I click on the Button (B), the Home page (H) is posted back and the
    nothing happens after that. The flow does not proceed towards the OnClick
    Event of the button (tried debugging with breakpoints on the OnClick Event of
    the Button (B) but they are never reached).

    I cant seem to understand what's happening here ?? Does anyone knows what
    might be wrong here. ??

    Thanks a bunch,
    Yuv

    Moksha, Aug 27, 2004

  2. since your button is "inside" of a container, are you sure you are
    referencing the control correctly?
    also is your autpostback property set to true?

    "Moksha" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My first post here :) ..
    >
    > I seem to have a problem with a button click on a Custom User Control. The
    > scenario is such :
    >
    > I have a Home Page (H) and I have a User Control (UC) dynamically loaded

    on
    > the page in a DataGrid. On the UC, I have a Button (B). Now the page is

    been.

    Brian Fulford, Aug 27, 2004