Button Trouble at Deployment!!!

Jairo Nieto

Hi,

I am deploying my app on a w2003 server with iis 6.0, and all the buttons
have stopped working. Nothing happens when users click them. It works fine
on both alpha and beta servers (with the same configuration), but on the
release server, they just sit there and do nothing. I have deployed lots of
apps before, and this is a first for me. Its got me baffled. What could be
causing the buttons to stop functioning? (of course, they have their
respective code-behind event handlers and all, they are server controls,
etc...)

A No-Prize to whomever can solve this one.
thx a ton.

Jairo Nieto

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

Check for any script errors. Not sure why this might occur on that
particular environment though but perhaps the scripts have some dependencies
that have been affected.

Jairo Nieto

Ok, here is something weirder.:

If I run the application directly on the server, the buttons work, but if I
access it from outside, they don´t. Could the firewall have something to do
with it???

Thanks.

Dave Starman

I am experiencing the same problem. My application worked until I
switched development computers (still WinXP Pro). The same application
still works in the production environment on Win 2003 Server.

I get this behavior when I try to run the application in Debug (or
Release) on the development computer (No firewall on Localhost). After
further testing I found that if I disable "EnableClientScript" on my
RequiredFieldValidators the problem went away.

-Dave