buttons dont work with when required fiedl validator is added.

Guest

Hi,

I have an ASP.Net web page . The page was working fine until I added a
required field field validator. My page has a link button which takes the
user to another page, a submit button which takes the values of the text
boxes & puts them into an SQL database.

After adding the required field validator, when I click any button, (be it
submit button ot link button or any other button), it shows the required
field validator's TEXT i.e (* against the text box). In fact, it doesnt even
show the error message. It just shows the TEXT which is a red * against the
text box.

I tried to search for this problem on internet & got the answer as "Run
aspnet_regiis.exe -c ". But when I did run aspnet_regiis.exe -c , that didnt
help either.

Also, in case this is helpful,earlier my ASP.NET page (with validation
control )would give an error when tried to view in browser. Also, suddenly I
had started getting errors when trying to create a new project on localhost.
So I uninstalled .NET & IIS...Then reinstalled IIS & .NET again.

So now I can add the validation control but even when i hit the link button
for going to another web page, the required field validator 's text shows up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi pmud,

Try setting the CausesValidation property of the LinkButton to False. Good
luck! Ken.