Buttons not responding in freshly posted live system; works in dev environment

EO

I'm stumped. I have some asp.net pages that work just fine in the
development environment.

But in production, none of the submit buttons are doing anything. I don't
even get a page_load. No browser window indication of anything happening, it
just sits there.

Might I have forgotten to post something needed? Turning trace on is useless
since I just get messages from the original page load.

-EO

EO

Ouch;
a) This is a shared hosting service, to which I don't have server console
access.
b) The buttons show up, they just don't do anything.

I'm reviewing the site to ensure there's no rogue dll's in long-forgotten
bin directories.
I also asked the isp to retart the site - they say it can't be done on their
server.

With trace on, and a message showing inside the "if not ispostback", I show
a trace showing it is not a postback. This message shows all day long no
matter how much I click the submit buttons, and when I click a submit button
there is no indication that the browser window cycles at all.

Still stumped.

-EO

EO

FYI, solution found:

The problem is that I had implemented validator controls for the first time.
The isp apparently has a different set of javascripts than are on my
development box. Therefore, no page ever validated from my browser, and
therefore no submit button ever submitted.

All validator controls were reset to disable client side validation and the
pages are happy.

Is it normal to not rely on client side validation? I'm using IE6!

-EO

MWells

EO, my guess is that your problem is that you're missing the .NET javascript
library.

Try locating the aspnet_client subdir on your dev machine, and make a copy
into your application directory in production. If you don't have these
scripts, button postback doesn't seem to work.

Also note that there are two versions of the
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322 scripts in existance; I suspect the
versions for Windows 2003 are different than those that ship with the
standard .NET 1.1 install (?). If that's the case, try to get a copy of the
/aspnet_client dir from your hosting provider, for the OS they're using.
That should work ok.

/// M