  1. i want to buy a pci core, but i need VHDL sources, is there any vendor
    that has one?
    Thank you
    antonio bergnoli, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Hi Antonio,

    > i want to buy a pci core, but i need VHDL sources, is there any vendor
    > that has one?

    PLD Applications (www.plda.com) probably has a source license, but it's
    going to be expensive.
    Ben Twijnstra, Dec 1, 2005

  3. antonio bergnoli wrote:

    > i want to buy a pci core, but i need VHDL sources, is there any vendor
    > that has one?
    > Thank you

    Hi Antonio,

    What are you searching :

    PCI 2.2 master or slave or other PCI versions?

    We have a slave pci core coming with or without VHDL /Windows driver /
    Linux driver.
    But it is only slave 33MHz 32bit, but it works well and it is used in
    commercial products as the PCI Quantis!

    Actually tested and implemented and used on Xilinx spartan2 Xilinx
    virtex II and Altera.

    Depending on your target, it can be used in 64bits / 66MHz version too.

    Regards,
    Laurent
    www.amontec.com
    Amontec, Larry, Dec 1, 2005
  4. Reiner Huober, Dec 2, 2005
  5. antonio bergnoli

    Dave Pollum Guest

    Reiner Huober wrote:
    > Two years ago, I worked in a project that used a PCI target core from
    > cast inc -with good success. It came with source code and was not that
    > expensive then (compared to other vendors).
    >
    > http://www.cast-inc.com/cores/pci-t32/index.shtml
    >
    > Hubble.

    Another option is to buy PCI interface chips, rather than doing the PCI
    interface in a FPGA. I've used PLX PCI target chips (PCI9052 -
    32bit/33Mhz). They work, so that's one less thing to debug, and
    they're inexpensive (~ USD $15 per chip in unit quantities).

    -Dave Pollum
    Dave Pollum, Dec 2, 2005
  6. antonio bergnoli

    FMF Guest