Buying Dreamweaver in USA (I live in UK)

cluthz

Bergamot said:
Crimson Editor is indeed a great all-purpose tool (I use it myself), but
if you're looking for something geared more towards web authoring, take
a peek at WeBuilder.
http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

It's got some nice features, too.

Ahhh Man!. So far, so FU!""%%&$%ING excellent. I just discovered the
function browsing feature. I LIKE that.

rf

Bergamot said:
Crimson Editor is indeed a great all-purpose tool (I use it myself), but
if you're looking for something geared more towards web authoring, take
a peek at WeBuilder.
http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

It's got some nice features, too.

From a brief look it does not appear that I can have the several included
files open while previewing only the including file. In fact, when I opened
another file the preview window scarpered off somewhere. Ah, I found it. It
lives on the index.php files tab. I can't edit, say, the CSS and watch what
happens without tabbing back to index.php.

I'll stick to CE and a sprinkling of browsers methings. Besides, CE is a tad
cheaper, given the current exchange rate.

Travis Newbury

code-wise ist DW too expensive and too heavy compared to something nice
and smooth like Notepad++.

In your opinion you mean. I think it is priced just fine, and while
Notepad++ may do it for you, it leaves me with an empty feeling.

Travis Newbury

If the U.S. supplier refuses to send you the product because they have
been intimidated by Adobe then you should complain to everyone you can
think of and download a trial version and a crack from the Internet.

Yea... that's good advice... I remember from my international law
class, Atricle 213.A-11 paragraph 12 states (and I quote) "If you can
not afford your countries legal version, and you can not find a vendor
in the US that will ship the product to you, then you are free to
simply steal it..."
The only practical problem that I can think of is that the U.S.
version might not include a British English spell checker. Perhaps
someone who has the U.S. version can comment.

Well if the damn Brits would learn to spell correctly...

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
In your opinion you mean.

No, he means it is written on a stone tablet sent down by God
Almighty. Whatever made you think it was a mere opinion?

I think it is priced just fine, and while
Notepad++ may do it for you, it leaves me with an empty feeling.

But then, you often have those feelings don't you Travis. Perhaps
you should discuss it with Blinkey and Boji, and while you are at
it, hell, why not Roger and Daffy too?

rf

Well if the damn Brits would learn to spell correctly...

And the many many other English speaking countries in the world?

It's only the bloody Yanks that bastardise the Queens English.

Travis Newbury

But then, you often have those feelings don't you Travis. Perhaps
you should discuss it with Blinkey and Boji, and while you are at
it, hell, why not Roger and Daffy too?

Na, The drugs I am taking keeps me on a level keel...

Travis Newbury

And the many many other English speaking countries in the world?
It's only the bloody Yanks that bastardise the Queens English.

Well hell we own everything anyway, we might as well dictate what
correct English is too...

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:41:30 GMT
Travis Newbury scribed:
Na, The drugs I am taking keeps me on a level keel...

Oh oh, better watch it, Travis. You're being grouped with "the wrong side
of the tracks" crowd.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:53:23 GMT
rf scribed:
And the many many other English speaking countries in the world?

It's only the bloody Yanks that bastardise the Queens English.

Oh, give me a break! Who is it that half the time sounds like they have a
mouthful of mashed potatoes and the other half too-tight underwear? It
takes an American to speak proper English, bud.

andrew

[...]
Oh, give me a break! Who is it that half the time sounds like they have a
mouthful of mashed potatoes and the other half too-tight underwear? It
takes an American to speak proper English, bud.

Hmmm.... might be a good time to bring up that 'Merkin' thing again...

Andrew

Bernhard Sturm

dorayme said:
No, he means it is written on a stone tablet sent down by God
Almighty. Whatever made you think it was a mere opinion?

LOL I thought the same :) It's funny how people strive for a discussion
by opening a thread, but then refuse to accept the fact that other
posters are only posting their personal opinions.

cheers
bernhard

rf

Travis Newbury said:
Well hell we own everything anyway, we might as well dictate what
correct English is too...

s/English/American/

No, sir, you do not own everything. Google the demographics. You are only
4.5% of the planet. Almost beneath notice. And arrogant bastards to boot
(well some of you), but this is drifting OT.

Travis Newbury

No, sir, you do not own everything. Google the demographics. You are only
4.5% of the planet. Almost beneath notice. And arrogant bastards to boot
(well some of you), but this is drifting OT.

Na, we own google, so we just have the demographics say we don't own
everything so we can keep the rest of the world under our control
without you knowing it...

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
Na, The drugs I am taking keeps me on a level keel...

You mean of course the ones that make you regret seeing anything
the least bit schmaltzy for a couple of minutes, the least bit
unprofessional looking on the surface, the ones which make you
vote for a complete and utter moron who has managed to take the
lives of now hundreds of thousands of innocent souls, the ones
that make you fail to understand that there is more than
slickness to heart, that heart can be contained in a waltzing
star, the ones that makes you about as opposite in all sentiment
to the attitude of even one of the sides of one of those waltzing
stars, the drugs that blind you to some nice phrasing in a song?
Those drugs you mean? Level? Is this where you take both sides of
a contradiction and embrace them equally in unconsciousness like
happily promoting free markets when it suits you and not when it
does not, on some drug whim? What drug is that Travis?

dorayme

"rf said:
And arrogant bastards to boot
(well some of you), but this is drifting OT.

Yank talk and accents and expressions and all are a great
invention for the world. They have enriched the language in step
with their dynamic history.

(btw to the btw: I was interested to see how a Cockney might do
American the other day: Sir Michael Caine in The Weatherman).

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:03:15
GMT andrew scribed:
Hmmm.... might be a good time to bring up that 'Merkin' thing again...

Andrew

<grin />

asdf

dorayme said:
Yank talk and accents and expressions and all are a great
invention for the world. They have enriched the language in step
with their dynamic history.

(btw to the btw: I was interested to see how a Cockney might do
American the other day: Sir Michael Caine in The Weatherman).

"What would you do, if I told you, this gun is loawwwded" :))))

asdf

rf said:
And the many many other English speaking countries in the world?

It's only the bloody Yanks that bastardise the Queens English.

....and scousers, and geordies, and cornish, and cockneys, and yorkies, and
brummies etc. etc. etc... *yawn* :)))

Travis Newbury

[...]

Don't know what drug you are taking but I was referring to pot