Buying the ISO 14882-2003 Standard

Discussion in 'C++' started by ManicQin, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. ManicQin

    ManicQin Guest

    ManicQin, Apr 23, 2008

  2. ManicQin

    red floyd Guest

    red floyd, Apr 23, 2008

  3. ManicQin

    ManicQin Guest

    On Apr 24, 1:56 am, red floyd <> wrote:
    > ManicQin wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I was about to buy the Standard but then I found this link
    > >http://www.usatlas.bnl.gov/~dladams/cpp/INCITS ISO IEC 14882-2003.pdf

    > > Hmmmm... ... The link seems legit so ... what gives?

    > Somebody accidentally (or ignorantly) made it available.  It is not
    > "free" in either the $$$ or GPL sense of the word.

    Which rises a very (very very) ethical question...

    ManicQin, Apr 24, 2008
  4. ManicQin wrote:
    > On Apr 24, 1:56 am, red floyd <> wrote:
    >> ManicQin wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I was about to buy the Standard but then I found this link
    >>> http://www.usatlas.bnl.gov/~dladams/cpp/INCITS ISO IEC 14882-2003.pdf
    >>> Hmmmm... ... The link seems legit so ... what gives?

    >> Somebody accidentally (or ignorantly) made it available. It is not
    >> "free" in either the $$$ or GPL sense of the word.

    > Which rises a very (very very) ethical question...

    Is that ethical question "why should an international standard be
    commercial in the first place"?

    Juha Nieminen, Apr 24, 2008
  5. On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:26:29 -0700 (PDT), ManicQin
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I was about to buy the Standard but then I found this link
    >http://www.usatlas.bnl.gov/~dladams/cpp/INCITS ISO IEC 14882-2003.pdf
    >
    >Hmmmm... ... The link seems legit so ... what gives?
    >
    >Thanks...

    I use working drafts from
    http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2008/

    Non-existent section in c++03

    14.5.3 Variadic templates [temp.variadic]

    1 A template parameter pack is a template parameter that accepts zero
    or more template arguments. [ Example:

    template<class ... Types> struct Tuple { };

    Tuple<> t0; // Types contains no arguments
    Tuple<int> t1; // Types contains one argument: int
    Tuple<int, float> t2; // Types contains two arguments: int and float
    Tuple<0> eror; // error: 0 is not a type

    —end example ]

    this is bleeding edge c++ for you !!

    hurcan solter, Apr 24, 2008
  6. ManicQin

    , India Guest

    Is ISO 2003 C++ standardized as C++98, or, is ISO C++ 2003 is a draft
    proposal ?

    What is the latest ISO C++ STANDARDIZED version that has been
    published? (Somewhere I read C++0x; but I am not sure)

    Kindly reply

    Thanks
    V.Subramanian

    , India, Apr 24, 2008
  7. ManicQin

    red floyd Guest

    , India wrote:
    > Is ISO 2003 C++ standardized as C++98, or, is ISO C++ 2003 is a draft
    > proposal ?
    >
    > What is the latest ISO C++ STANDARDIZED version that has been
    > published? (Somewhere I read C++0x; but I am not sure)

    2003 is the latest official standard. It incorporated TC1 (technical
    corrigendum 1). I believe it's minor edits and clarifications.

    red floyd, Apr 24, 2008
  8. ManicQin

    ManicQin Guest

    On Apr 24, 2:24 am, Juha Nieminen <> wrote:
    > ManicQin wrote:
    > >> Somebody accidentally (or ignorantly) made it available. It is not
    > >> "free" in either the $$$ or GPL sense of the word.

    > > Which rises a very (very very) ethical question...

    > Is that ethical question "why should an international standard be
    > commercial in the first place"?

    I think that they should be rewarded for they're effort. No?
    Besides its a symbol of status, Rappers have Bling Blings and we've
    got STD ;)

    ManicQin, Apr 24, 2008
  9. ManicQin

    , India Guest

    On Apr 24, 2:07 am, red floyd <> wrote:
    > , India wrote:
    > > Is ISO 2003 C++ standardized as C++98, or, is ISO C++ 2003 is a draft
    > > proposal ?

    > > What is the latest ISO C++ STANDARDIZED version that has been
    > > published? (Somewhere I read C++0x; but I am not sure)

    > 2003 is the latest official standard. It incorporated TC1 (technical
    > corrigendum 1). I believe it's minor edits and clarifications.

    My question is: is ISO 2003 C++ standard a draft proposal or the final
    version. I am using g++ 3.4.3 version which supports only C++98. Are
    there compilers which support ISO 2003 C++ standard if it is final
    standard(that is, it is not a draft proposal) ?

    Kindly clarify.

    Thanks
    V.Subramanian

    , India, Apr 24, 2008
  10. ManicQin

    , India Guest

    On Apr 24, 10:01 am, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > wrote:

    > >> 2003 is the latest official standard. It incorporated TC1 (technical
    > >> corrigendum 1). I believe it's minor edits and clarifications.

    > > My question is: is ISO 2003 C++ standard a draft proposal or the final
    > > version.

    > Say, what in "2003 is the latest official standard" do you not understand?
    > Which word in that statement confuses you? The "latest" or the "official"?
    >
    > > I am using g++ 3.4.3 version which supports only C++98. Are
    > > there compilers which support ISO 2003 C++ standard if it is final
    > > standard(that is, it is not a draft proposal) ?

    > > Kindly clarify.

    > Kindly reread red floyd's reply.
    >

    > > Thanks
    > > V.Subramanian

    I get it now. C++98 plus Technical Corrigendum 1 is ISO 2003. Am I
    correct.

    I am reading TC++PL 3rd edition by Stroustrup which was published
    before ISO C++ 2003. Is it sufficient ?. I request you to suggest some
    books which are compliant with ISO C++ 2003 which I can read. Also is
    there a g++ compiler which is ISO C++ 2003 compliant.

    Has Stroustrup written any book on ISO C++ 2003 ?

    Also please let me know the url for Technical Corrigendum 1 document
    so that I can read it and update myself with the changes later that C+
    +98.

    Kindly help.

    Thanks
    V.Subramanian