    i'm guessing lots of people must encounter this, any work-arounds?
    thanks
    tim
    Tim_Mac, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Tim_Mac

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello Tim,

    When we re-complie an ASP.NET project, the application will be restart so
    that all session will be clear. Form authentication rely on ASP.NET
    seesion. I think we cannot get around this. The easiest should be disable
    form authentication when you test.

    Luke
    [MSFT], Oct 5, 2005

  3. Hello [MSFT],

    FormsAuthentication does NOT rely on the session. It uses cookies - you can
    use a flaw in formsauth to make your life easier - use a persistent cookie
    (microsoft was kind enough to choose 50 years as the default expiration time).

    in other words : never use persistent cookies in production.

    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Oct 5, 2005
  4. Tim_Mac

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Dominick
    that did it. thanks for the tip!