ByRef "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Comic Relief, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. Comic Relief

    Comic Relief Guest

    When trying to call a method, that contains a ByRef Primitive Type
    (String), running on a remote machine, I get the message:

    The test form is only available for requests from the local machine.

    When calling the method in the browser on a local machine, I get the
    message:

    The test form is only available for methods with primitive types or
    arrays of primitive types as parameters.

    I have the correct nodes in the web.config (This fixed the problem, for
    all methods without ByRef variables):

    <add name="HttpSoap1.2"/>
    <add name="HttpSoap"/>
    <add name="HttpPost"/>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>

    I have run aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    I have read this article on accessing methods from the browser:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide
    /html/cpconaccessingwebservicesfrombrowser.asp

    I am even aware of modifying Input and Output Only Arrays, using the
    WSDL file (so I'm assuming ByRef is usable, from a web service)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/soap/ht
    m/soap_overview_473o.asp?frame=true

    Anyone know what I'm missing?

    Thx

    Merry Christmas :)

    Comic Relief, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Comic Relief

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Strange... the test page should work with string values. Can you post the
    webmethod declaration?

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Comic Relief

    Comic Relief Guest

    I just found that, although the page displays that message the request
    works from the application.

    I hadn't had the chance to test it, because of a "The operation has
    timed-out." error while making the remote request to the web service,
    caused by running my requesting application in debug mode.

    I realized, I had to run the application from the directory by clicking
    on it (without attaching the debugger) for it to not timeout.

    Thanks for the reply all the same.

    p.s. I forgot to change my name, no comic relief on this thread ;-)

    Comic Relief, Dec 27, 2003