Byteblaster Download cable schematics not available from altera site

Florian Student

Hello everybody,

I was planning to get into fpgas/cplds but don't really want do buy an
expensive starterkit. As an older post indicated altera has published
the schematics of their byteblaster download cable. However it was not
listed on the site and a google link
www.altera.com/literature/ds/dsbyte.pdf only gives a file not found error.

Does anybody of you have the file (dsbyte.pdf) and could send it to me,
or point me to an alternative download location.

Your help is appreciated,

Florian Student

Ken Smith

Hello everybody,

I was planning to get into fpgas/cplds but don't really want do buy an
expensive starterkit. As an older post indicated altera has published
the schematics of their byteblaster download cable. However it was not
listed on the site and a google link
www.altera.com/literature/ds/dsbyte.pdf only gives a file not found error.

Does anybody of you have the file (dsbyte.pdf) and could send it to me,
or point me to an alternative download location.

You can make a cable that works with just wire, connectors and 100 ohm
resistors. To use it, you have to use the version of Altera's JAM-ISP
program I have here on my PC. If no-one else gives you a good solution,
I'll see if I can send you what you need.