C++03 ANSI Standard in Visual studio 2008

persres

Hello,
I have a couple of questions.

1) I want to force VS 2008 to follow "C++03 ANSI Standard". Is there
any way to do this.
2) Is the "placement new" available in "C++03 ANSI Standard"?. How do
I find out something like that if option 1 is not possible?

Thanks for your help.

Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet

* (e-mail address removed), on 15.09.2010 19:59:
Hello,
I have a couple of questions.

1) I want to force VS 2008 to follow "C++03 ANSI Standard". Is there
any way to do this.

Not really. There is an option for it, but then you won't be able to compile
programs using anything Microsoft other than the C++ standard library. Unless
Microsoft has done something about that lately (fat chance).

2) Is the "placement new" available in "C++03 ANSI Standard"?. How do
I find out something like that if option 1 is not possible?

Get yourself a copy of the standard.

The drafts of the next version are freely available from the C++ committee pages.

You might also invest in a good C++ textbook. "The C++ Programming Language" by
Bjarne Stroustrup comes to mind.

Cheers & hth,.

- Alf

persres

* (e-mail address removed), on 15.09.2010 19:59:

Not really. There is an option for it, but then you won't be able to compile
programs using anything Microsoft other than the C++ standard library. Unless
Microsoft has done something about that lately (fat chance).
Hi,
Thanks. Thats what I want. Its just an academic exercise for me.
Could you tell what the option is?
Thanks

Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet

* (e-mail address removed), on 15.09.2010 20:54:
Hi,
Thanks. Thats what I want. Its just an academic exercise for me.
Could you tell what the option is?

/Za

No guarantee for how well (or not) it works.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf