    I find out something like that if option 1 is not possible?

    Thanks for your help.
    , Sep 15, 2010

  2. * , on 15.09.2010 19:59:
    > Hello,
    > I have a couple of questions.
    >
    > 1) I want to force VS 2008 to follow "C++03 ANSI Standard". Is there
    > any way to do this.

    Not really. There is an option for it, but then you won't be able to compile
    programs using anything Microsoft other than the C++ standard library. Unless
    Microsoft has done something about that lately (fat chance).

    > 2) Is the "placement new" available in "C++03 ANSI Standard"?. How do
    > I find out something like that if option 1 is not possible?

    Get yourself a copy of the standard.

    The drafts of the next version are freely available from the C++ committee pages.

    You might also invest in a good C++ textbook. "The C++ Programming Language" by
    Bjarne Stroustrup comes to mind.

    Cheers & hth,.

    - Alf

    Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, Sep 15, 2010

    On 15 Sep, 19:18, "Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet" <alf.p.steinbach
    > wrote:
    > * , on 15.09.2010 19:59:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >    I have a couple of questions.

    > > 1)   I want to force VS 2008 to follow "C++03 ANSI Standard". Is there
    > > any way to do this.

    > Not really. There is an option for it, but then you won't be able to compile
    > programs using anything Microsoft other than the C++ standard library. Unless
    > Microsoft has done something about that lately (fat chance).

    Hi,
    Thanks. Thats what I want. Its just an academic exercise for me.
    Could you tell what the option is?
    Thanks
    , Sep 15, 2010
  4. * , on 15.09.2010 20:54:
    > On 15 Sep, 19:18, "Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet"<alf.p.steinbach
    > > wrote:
    >> * , on 15.09.2010 19:59:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I have a couple of questions.

    >>> 1) I want to force VS 2008 to follow "C++03 ANSI Standard". Is there
    >>> any way to do this.

    >> Not really. There is an option for it, but then you won't be able to compile
    >> programs using anything Microsoft other than the C++ standard library. Unless
    >> Microsoft has done something about that lately (fat chance).
    >>

    > Hi,
    > Thanks. Thats what I want. Its just an academic exercise for me.
    > Could you tell what the option is?

    /Za

    No guarantee for how well (or not) it works.

    Cheers & hth.,

    - Alf

    Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet, Sep 15, 2010