c++0x

Vladimir Jovic

Hello,

Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about c++0x like
it was released long time ago and implemented by all compilers. They
even discuss code and examples.

Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x draft, but
something like this:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
What I am looking for is a page which nicely sums what is available and
how to use.

Ian Collins

Hello,

Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about c++0x like
it was released long time ago and implemented by all compilers. They
even discuss code and examples.

Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x draft, but
something like this:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
What I am looking for is a page which nicely sums what is available and
how to use.

Two handy links:

http://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xFeatureAvailability.htm

http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++0xFAQ.html

James Kanze

Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about
c++0x like it was released long time ago and implemented by
all compilers. They even discuss code and examples.

That's called wishful thinking. Some (but far from all) of the
innovations in C++0x have been implemented in some compilers,
using a preliminary draft which may change before it is finally
adopted. In practice, if you want to write portable code,
you'll have to wait.
Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x
draft, but something like
this:http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

There can't be, since the standard doesn't exist yet.

Stuart Golodetz

James said:
That's called wishful thinking. Some (but far from all) of the
innovations in C++0x have been implemented in some compilers,
using a preliminary draft which may change before it is finally
adopted. In practice, if you want to write portable code,
you'll have to wait.

....particularly since different compiler writers have chosen to
implement different features :)

Stu

Saeed Amrollahi

Hello,

Lots of people here and in the moderated NG are talking about c++0x like
it was released long time ago and implemented by all compilers. They
even discuss code and examples.

Is there a c++0x reference somewhere? I don't mean a c++0x draft, but
something like this:http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/
What I am looking for is a page which nicely sums what is available and
how to use.

Hi

Besides what other wrote, my main reference for C++0x is the
C++0x FAQ page by Bjarne Stroustrup:
http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++0xFAQ.html
The following paper by Bjarne Stroustrup is really good:
What is C++0x?. CVu. Vol 21, Issues 4 and 5. 2009.
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/what-is-2009.pdf
You can see the DevX website for various short papers about single
features
of C++0x. Also the Just Software Solutions company focus on Threads
and Concurrency.
I use GCC 4.5.0, and they implemented reasonably considerable features
of core language
and library.

Regards,
-- Saeed Amrollahi