C++14 draft?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Rui Maciel, May 11, 2013.

  1. Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel Guest

    Does anyone know if there are any draft versions of C++14 floating around?


    Thanks in advance,
    Rui Maciel
    Rui Maciel, May 11, 2013
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel Guest

    Rui Maciel, May 11, 2013
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On 5/11/2013 2:17 PM, Rui Maciel wrote:
    > For reference, here's a link to the C++ Standards Committee official home
    > page:
    >
    > http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/


    I suppose we all have those days when we need somebody to read it for us
    and point it out to us... Search that page for "Latest publicly
    available draft" link. It gives you the n3376. Or do you have a reason
    not to trust that page?

    V
    --
    I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask
    Victor Bazarov, May 11, 2013
    #3
  4. Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:

    > I suppose we all have those days when we need somebody to read it for us
    > and point it out to us... Search that page for "Latest publicly
    > available draft" link. It gives you the n3376. Or do you have a reason
    > not to trust that page?


    I find it odd how, on the same message you try to insinuate that others
    haven't read something, you demonstrate that you even failed to read the
    post you've replied to.

    If you hadn't failed reading itthen you would've understood that the
    question was about whether any draft of C++14 was already floating around,
    not when was one scheduled to be published.

    In addition, n3376 is a draft of C++11, not C++14. As you might understand,
    C++11 is not exactly the same thing as C++14.

    Next time try not to let your cynicism and bitterness get the best of you.


    Rui Maciel
    Rui Maciel, May 11, 2013
    #4
  5. On Sat, 11 May 2013 23:53:22 +0100, Rui Maciel wrote:

    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >
    >> I suppose we all have those days when we need somebody to read it for
    >> us and point it out to us... Search that page for "Latest publicly
    >> available draft" link. It gives you the n3376. Or do you have a
    >> reason not to trust that page?

    >
    > I find it odd how, on the same message you try to insinuate that others
    > haven't read something, you demonstrate that you even failed to read the
    > post you've replied to.
    >
    > If you hadn't failed reading it then you would've understood that the
    > question was about whether any draft of C++14 was already floating
    > around, not when was one scheduled to be published.
    >
    > In addition, n3376 is a draft of C++11, not C++14. As you might
    > understand, C++11 is not exactly the same thing as C++14.


    And what exactly made you conclude that n3376 is a draft for C++11 and
    not for C++14?
    As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.
    I would say that all publicly available drafts after that are for C++14
    (consisting of C++11 + whatever has already been agreed for C++14).

    >
    > Next time try not to let your cynicism and bitterness get the best of
    > you.


    Pot, kettle, black?

    >
    >
    > Rui Maciel


    Bart v Ingen Schenau
    Bart van Ingen Schenau, May 12, 2013
    #5
  6. Rui Maciel

    Geoff Guest

    On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bart van Ingen Schenau
    <> wrote:

    >As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.


    Then what is draft n3485 dated 12-11-02 which revises n3376?
    Geoff, May 12, 2013
    #6
  7. Rui Maciel

    Balog Pal Guest

    On 5/12/2013 8:16 PM, Geoff wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bart van Ingen Schenau
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.

    >
    > Then what is draft n3485 dated 12-11-02 which revises n3376?


    The last posted version -- we can expect another in a few days, the
    post-Bristol papers just appeared recently, guess Stefanus still has
    some editing to do on the WP.

    @RM: that one will be pretty close to C++14, the remaining changes will
    only be due to NB comments plus few exceptional cases, like fixed-up
    version of digit separators that were suddenly not voted in because of
    some last-minute presented problems.
    Balog Pal, May 12, 2013
    #7
  8. On Sun, 12 May 2013 11:16:17 -0700, Geoff wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:12:15 +0000 (UTC), Bart van Ingen Schenau
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>As far as I know, the last (publicly available) C++11 draft is n3242.

    >
    > Then what is draft n3485 dated 12-11-02 which revises n3376?


    That is the most recently available draft of C++14. As I understand, it
    will be replaced by a new draft shortly.

    How hard can it be to understand that there are no further drafts on a
    version of a standard after it has been finalized and published?
    Expecting new drafts of C++11 is just as logical as expecting new drafts
    of C++98.

    Bart v Ingen Schenau
    Bart van Ingen Schenau, May 13, 2013
    #8
  9. Jeremy Murphy, Jun 4, 2013
    #9
  10. Victor Bazarov, Jun 4, 2013
    #10
  11. Rui Maciel

    Jeb Guest

    Jeb, Jun 9, 2013
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Colby L. Canutt

    Need help finding LRM Draft

    Colby L. Canutt, Sep 3, 2004, in forum: VHDL
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    451
    Colby L. Canutt
    Sep 3, 2004
  2. Andrew Thompson

    SSCCE 1st draft..

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 30, 2003, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    401
    Andrew Thompson
    Dec 31, 2003
  3. Andrew Thompson

    1st draft - Java FAQ

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 6, 2004, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    637
    Andrew Thompson
    May 27, 2004
  4. Karl Groves

    WCAG 2.0 Working Draft

    Karl Groves, Aug 13, 2004, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    387
    Jukka K. Korpela
    Aug 13, 2004
  5. Randy Charles Morin

    RFC: PSSAPI 0.9 (early draft)

    Randy Charles Morin, Jul 12, 2003, in forum: XML
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    840
    Andy Dingley
    Jul 14, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page