    It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
    any legally free copy available for download?
    , Sep 28, 2006

  2. Martin Steen Guest

    wrote:
    > It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
    > any legally free copy available for download?

    Did you mean Microsoft Visual Studio? The "Express"-Edition
    is free, AFAIK.

    Other free C++ compilers are GNU C++, Borland C++ and
    Watcom C++.

    Here is a nice link:
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

    Best regards, Martin
    Martin Steen, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Bo Persson Guest

    Bo Persson, Sep 28, 2006
  4. Ron Natalie Guest

    wrote:
    > It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
    > any legally free copy available for download?

    It's $18 or so from ANSI. That's the cheapest legal answer you're
    going to get. Nearly all of the legal copies have the original
    purchasers name burned into each page of the PDF (mine doesn't
    but it's a long story).
    Ron Natalie, Sep 28, 2006
  5. Noah Roberts Guest

    wrote:
    > It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
    > any legally free copy available for download?

    You can buy it from any bookstore in hardcover form for about $50-60.
    Noah Roberts, Sep 28, 2006
  6. red floyd Guest

    Martin Steen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> It's too expensive for me to buy a copy of C++ 2003 standard. Are there
    >> any legally free copy available for download?
    >>

    > Did you mean Microsoft Visual Studio? The "Express"-Edition
    > is free, AFAIK.

    No, he means ISO/IEC 14882:2003, the TC1 update to the Standard.
    red floyd, Sep 29, 2006