C++ Abstract Factory Implementation

suresh_rai

Hello
I am hoping someone can give me very needed help. I am wanting some C+
+ code for 'C++ Abstract Factory'. I need code to be free. I am been
learning Design patterns.
I found some code on web but dont know which is one is ok.

http://programmerjoe.com/2007/03/18/the-abstract-factory-pattern-in-c/
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/architecture/DesignPattern.aspx
Loki :in text book
http://sourceforge.net/projects/papafactory
http://sourceforge.net/projects/austria/

My colleague said I should look at boost library or use a standard
'factory' in C++. but I cannot find it.
I have read text book on Design Patterns and understand 'Abstract
Factory'.

Much thanks in adnace for help

Suresh

Eric Pruneau

Hello
I am hoping someone can give me very needed help. I am wanting some C+
+ code for 'C++ Abstract Factory'. I need code to be free. I am been
learning Design patterns.
I found some code on web but dont know which is one is ok.

http://programmerjoe.com/2007/03/18/the-abstract-factory-pattern-in-c/
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/architecture/DesignPattern.aspx
Loki :in text book
http://sourceforge.net/projects/papafactory
http://sourceforge.net/projects/austria/

My colleague said I should look at boost library or use a standard
'factory' in C++. but I cannot find it.
I have read text book on Design Patterns and understand 'Abstract
Factory'.

Much thanks in adnace for help

Suresh

Loki has one.
If you are learning desing pattern, you should read Modern C++ Desing by
Andrei Alexandrecu.

http://loki-lib.sourceforge.net/

Gianni Mariani

yes - Austria has a generic factory system. It's quite robust.

Afact, there is no "standard" library factory system. Austria is using
standard C++ so I suppose you can say it's "standard".

The unit tests in Austria C++ give you a number of different ways of
using the factory system.

The Austria C++ unit test framework also uses the factory framework as a
way of registering unit tests.