C++ and Python

marc.wyburn

I've been learning to write VST plugins in C++ and would like to switch
back to Python. The first step of writing the plugin is to import the
C++ header files from the Steinberg SDK. How can I do this in Python.
I've tried looking at SWIG but didn't really understand what it was
trying to do. Should I be using SWIG to create Python versions of
the classes and then go from there or does it create glue code to talk
to the classes.

Roman Yakovenko

I've been learning to write VST plugins in C++ and would like to switch
back to Python. The first step of writing the plugin is to import the
C++ header files from the Steinberg SDK. How can I do this in Python.
I've tried looking at SWIG but didn't really understand what it was
trying to do. Should I be using SWIG to create Python versions of
the classes and then go from there or does it create glue code to talk
to the classes.

Hi. My advice is try to use boost.python library.
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/index.html
There are also few code generators available for it: pyplusplus and Pyste.