    the classes and then go from there or does it create glue code to talk
    to the classes.

    , Mar 31, 2006

    sorry accidentally hit post.

    has nyone tried this before? Thanks, Marc.

    , Mar 31, 2006

  3. On 30 Mar 2006 23:01:21 -0800,
    <> wrote:
    > I've been learning to write VST plugins in C++ and would like to switch
    > back to Python. The first step of writing the plugin is to import the
    > C++ header files from the Steinberg SDK. How can I do this in Python.
    > I've tried looking at SWIG but didn't really understand what it was
    > trying to do. Should I be using SWIG to create Python versions of
    > the classes and then go from there or does it create glue code to talk
    > to the classes.

    Hi. My advice is try to use boost.python library.
    http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/index.html
    There are also few code generators available for it: pyplusplus and Pyste.

    Roman Yakovenko
    C++ Python language binding
    http://www.language-binding.net/

    Roman Yakovenko, Mar 31, 2006