C++ and streams (not iostreams)

Imre Palik

Hi,

in my spare time I am watching the video lectures Structure and
Interpretation of Computer Programs
( http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/ )
these days.

After watching lecture 6, I had the feeling, that this is what I
always missed when I was working with STL. Now I wonder if there are
any generic stream library implementations for C++. (Where under
streams I mean the abstraction mechanisms described in the lecture.)
Could anybody point me to some relevant resources?

Thanks

ImRe