    Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
    functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
    but have not found anything.
    desktop, Apr 23, 2007

  2. desktop wrote:
    > Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
    > functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
    > but have not found anything.

    No, there is no such API. We use manuals for that. And the word you
    were looking for is "reflection".

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 23, 2007

  3. desktop

    Default User Guest

    desktop wrote:

    > Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
    > functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and
    > google but have not found anything.

    I find it difficult to believe you found nothing with a google search.
    I tried: C++ vector

    First hit was:

    <http://www.cppreference.com/cppvector/index.html>

    Which seems to be a pretty decent reference, although I didn't look at
    it extensively.

    Brian
    Default User, Apr 23, 2007
  4. desktop

    Mark P Guest

    Mark P, Apr 23, 2007
  5. desktop

    James Kanze Guest

    On Apr 23, 4:37 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > desktop wrote:
    > > Is there an API like the one for java where its possible to see which
    > > functions are on vector etc? I have tried to search teh FAQ and google
    > > but have not found anything.

    > No, there is no such API. We use manuals for that. And the word you
    > were looking for is "reflection".

    It depends on what he's looking for. If it is documentation,
    yes: we use manuals (on line or on paper), and so does Java.
    And it's not called reflection. If it's runtime, then Java has
    reflection (which I've generally heard called introspection
    elsewhere), and C++ has no real equivalent. (typeinfo doesn't
    give half the information you can get from Java's reflection.)
    On the other hand, it's pretty simple to simulate some of the
    more frequent uses.

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:
    James Kanze, Apr 24, 2007