C Application that do USB x PC communication

Gustavo Rondina

Hi all,

I would like to know if someone have sites, howtos,
papers ... any documentation about writing applications
in C that comunicates with the PC thru the USB interface.

Any documentation will be welcome and some examples as well,
if possible.

Cheers,

Dan Pop

In said:
I would like to know if someone have sites, howtos,
papers ... any documentation about writing applications
in C that comunicates with the PC thru the USB interface.

It is the operating system's job to hide the USB interface to the
application programmer.

Dan

Stefan Wiesendanger

Gustavo said:
Hi all,

I would like to know if someone have sites, howtos,
papers ... any documentation about writing applications
in C that comunicates with the PC thru the USB interface.

Any documentation will be welcome and some examples as well,
if possible.

Cheers,
That completely depends on what operating system you're using.
Try looking for documentation for the specific OS that you need this for.

Gustavo Rondina

Stefan Wiesendanger said:
Gustavo Rondina wrote:
That completely depends on what operating system you're using.
Try looking for documentation for the specific OS that you need this for.

Acctually, a friend of mine asked me to do this post. He is
trying to code an application for PalmOS that comunicates with
a PC running Linux thru USB.

Cheers,

Dan Pop

In said:
Acctually, a friend of mine asked me to do this post. He is
trying to code an application for PalmOS that comunicates with
a PC running Linux thru USB.

As I said, it is the OS that hides this aspect. I'm using pilot-link
to connect two PalmOS devices to my Linux box. One of them has a
serial interface, so I define the PILOTPORT environment variable as
/dev/ttyS1, the other has an USB interface, so I use /dev/usb/ttyUSB1
instead. But the system must have the driver for USB-connected PalmOS
devices loaded for the the thing to work.

For more information, read usb-serial.txt file provided with the Linux
kernel sources.

And keep in mind that this has nothing to do with this newsgroup!

Dan

goose

And keep in mind that this has nothing to do with this newsgroup!

AH! for a second there I thought you were going soft :)

goose,
whip me, beat me, make me use C++ :)