C/C++:Can't Use "ssh/rsh ... ps ..." To Windows: cygwin not allowed, application conflicts

clusardi2k

vbscript and/or javascript is most likely what I want to use!
From a SGI and a Linux box with a known PID, how do I determine if
that process is running on a Windows computer? Please explain to me
how to do this with vbscript and/or with javascript! Which language
is better? Speed is a very important limitation, so which language
is faster in batch processing?

On unix, I would use something such as "ps -p<PID>" to determine
the activity of a process.

I am forbidden to install and use things such as cygwin because
they slow down the system too much.

rsh and ssh conflict with other applications already running on
the computer, so I can't use them.

How different is Perl from vbscript? Should I go out and buy
another book or can you give me a small script (which is easily
understandable) to do the task? You can use "ps" with "popen" in
your script. Please tell me how to run your script?

How could I use your script with C and C++? Could you give me a
simple "ps -p" like program that executes on Windows and is useable
by C/C++? Or, am I restricted to using a C/C++ "system" call with
your script?

Thank you,
Christopher Lusardi

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

[ follow-ups set ]
vbscript and/or javascript is most likely what I want to use!

Please explain to me how to do this with vbscript and/or with
javascript!

Then why do you post to comp.lang.perl.misc?
How different is Perl from vbscript?

http://learn.perl.org/

Oh, by the way, *PLONK*

Sinan

Jürgen Exner

vbscript and/or javascript is most likely what I want to use!

Then, do you have a Perl question, too?

[...]
On unix, I would use something such as "ps -p<PID>" to determine
the activity of a process.

I am forbidden to install and use things such as cygwin because
they slow down the system too much.

rsh and ssh conflict with other applications already running on
the computer, so I can't use them.

So, do you have a Perl question, too?
How different is Perl from vbscript?

Do they have anything in common?
Should I go out and buy
another book or can you give me a small script (which is easily
understandable) to do the task? You can use "ps" with "popen" in
your script. Please tell me how to run your script?

Whos script? It is customary in this NG to post what you have so far, then
people are glad to improve your code.
Asking for someone to write the script for you is very much frowned upon.
There is perl.jobs.offered somewhere.
How could I use your script with C and C++? Could you give me a
simple "ps -p" like program that executes on Windows and is useable
by C/C++? Or, am I restricted to using a C/C++ "system" call with
your script?

Whos script are you talking about?

jue